Chapter 3

The ground floor hallway of the infirmary stretched beyond. The walls on either side of the hallway were painted with an ultra warm white colour. The sole of my shoes came into contact with the clean baby blue vinyl flooring.

My eyes snapped up to the calla ceiling whose colour matched that of the floor. The LED warm white lighting made me feel comfortable despite the underlying nervousness.

I had walked through the hallway countless times and yet the smell of the air never changed at all. It always had an undertone of bleach and detergent.

It was very clean for an infirmary, something that made a lot of pack members appreciate our Alpha.

The public facilities in our pack were always clean, nothing ever seemed in disarray. The assigned pack members had to make sure everything was in order, otherwise they would incur the wrath of the Alpha.

I passed several blue double doors on either side before I got to where Janette was. I knew for a fact that she was in the general female ward of the infirmary.

I stood before the double doors wondering why she wanted to see me. Deciding that I had no choice but to get inside, I pushed my way past the doors. Opening them with my hands.

The Beta was seated on a plastic chair beside Janette's hospital bed, he held his mates left hand on his right one. His eyes on the girl beside him didn't waver, he knew I wasn't a threat at all.

'Tamina. ' He addressed me.

'Tamara. ' I answered back.

'What? ' He questioned.

'My name is Tamara not Tamina. This is the last time I'm reminding you of my name. ' I fired back, not afraid of him in the slightest.

'That is no way to talk to your Beta, you must apologise this instant.' He let go of his sleeping mate's hand and stood before me. He was angered by my actions, but was I supposed to let him call me a name that wasn't mine?

'You want to turn violent before your assaulted mate? Any aggression towards me and you will remind her of what she has been through. '

'She's asleep, I wo...'

'Oh no, you expect me to keep quiet while you threaten to hurt me? My scream will wake her up before you even make another step.' I warned.

He cast down his eyes on the floor, then sat back on the chair. Mates weren't supposed to hurt each other, he wouldn't dare wake her up. He was ashamed of his actions, something that was very normal among mated werewolves.

'Alpha Ryker said your mate wanted to see me. ' I stated, walking close to her. She was now stirring awake, and before Beta Jayson could utter a word, her eyes finally opened.

She first looked at her mate, obviously admiring him. How I wished I'd have someone looking at me so lovingly. I always wondered if I'd ever have a mate. The pack had endlessly reminded me that I was different, and different to them meant no mate.

'You came. ' Janette's cheerful voice snapped me out of my thoughts. For someone who had gone through the hands of a maniac, she sure was happy.

She was no longer the terrified girl I had seen in the woods. No, this was a young woman, one that had found redemption in the hands of a Beta mate.

'How are you feeling? ' I was genuinely concerned and worried for her. I wanted her to become my friend, a feeling that was quite foreign to me.

'I am very okay Tamara ' She answered with a smile, beckoning me to come closer with her left hand.

She was beautiful, even with her face full of bruises, her beautiful smile made up for that.

'I wanted to say how thankful I am to you, I knew that I was going to die all alone. I was terrified for my life, I had already given up. But then you jumped down, and in that moment I realised that you were there to defend me. ' Beta Jayson squeezed her hand, assuring her that she was okay now.

'Don't thank me Janette, clearly I did nothing to defend you. You should thank Alpha Ryker, he was the one who dealt with that vile man. '

'It doesn't matter Tamara, you had a choice to stay up on that tree and watch as that bastard raped me. And yet you chose to stand by me, a stranger. A person you didn't even know. You are indeed a good person. '

Janette brought a smile to my face, someone was finally thankful for my deeds. Not even once before had a pack member ever said a simple 'thanks' to me.

Yes I had healed many of them, but they saw it as my duty. They never appreciated me, and to hear Janette acknowledge me made me extremely happy.

Without thinking, I hugged her lightly while she lay on the hospital bed. She didn't push me back, and that was a very good sign.

'Okay, that's enough ladies. ' That voice. What in the world was the Alpha doing here? Memories of what transpired earlier in my house came rushing back.

The way his hard on had felt beneath my fingers, the way he had held me from falling. Damn, how could a man turn my moods so fast?

'I have work for you. '

That was enough to bid Janette bye, following him quickly out of the room.

He kept on walking, he knew I was right behind him. I didn't exactly know where he was leading me, I just knew he had duties for me to fulfil.

He then stood abruptly in front of a single door that was at the end of the hallway. Fishing keys out of his pocket, he opened it, urging me to step inside.

It was a simple room, more like an office. With a single mahogany desk, an office chair and a large leather coach. There were piles of neatly arranged papers on the desk, a calendar and a number of files.

'Tamara. ' His deep voice reached out to me. It caressed the shit out of my body, sending desire down to my core.

I was very aware of the fact that we were all alone, my vagina seemed to confirm. It wouldn't stop clenching.

'Fuck! you're making this conversation hard. ' The Alpha male swore, running his hands on his hair.

I stared at him, my feet rooted to the ground, my heart beating erratically. I was waiting for him to talk, I wanted him to outline my duties, then I would be out of that office before moisture seeped through my panties and onto the floor.

But he had other plans, the Alpha suddenly backed me on the wall, caging me between his veiny hands.

My chest rose with every breathe I took. My palms grew sweaty, itching to run them on the males sculpted muscular back.

'Fuck Mara, the smell of your arousal is fucking with my control. ' Alpha Ryker rasped, forcing my legs apart with his strong ones.

His muscular thigh rested between my legs, directly on my clothed pussy. My hips jerked forward, grinding on his thigh with need.

My mind wanted to stop but my wet pussy was eager to find some friction. My movements had him pressing harder on me with need, a powerful hiss passing between his full lips.

'I want to taste you, you must taste sweet just like how you smell little witch. ' His raspy voice sent another wave of heat between my legs.

He carried me onto the desk, hiking my skirt above my waist. I anticipated his touch, moisture seeping through my cotton clothe. Without talking, he ripped my panties off, smelling them before throwing them somewhere in the office.

'Spread this sexy legs for me little witch, let me see the treasure hidden between them. ' He commanded.

My legs obeyed his command, parting instantly. A cold breeze swept over my most intimate part, neutralizing the heat that arose.

'Fuck, so shiny. you're so ready for me. ' He admired my pussy.

' but first I am going to quench my thirst. ' He rasped, his tongue licking his lower lip.

Then his wet warm lips connected with my equally wet lower lips.