Chapter 39

Not edited

***Ryker***

'You seem very tense uncle. ' I scoffed inwardly, sending a wink to my mate. She pulled her lips downwards coupled with a roll of her pretty eyes. My mother raised her thick eyebrow at me, looking back and forth between Tamara and I.

'This whole issue about Mrs. Kagwe and my son is eating me up. I mean what reasons would push a mated woman, to the extremity of conniving with unknown assailants? ' He shook his head but his flawless public semblance was perspicuous in mine and my mate's eyes.

'She awaits her sentencing in three days time. If the investigation proves beyond a reasonable doubt that she really did do that, including communicating with the unknown kidnappers. ' My wolf was growling inwardly, contempt ruling him as we looked at our so called uncle.

Tamara and Jayson had broken the news about the darts and instead of shock, rage clouded my entire being. We knew however that we couldn't take action yet and a little patience would win us a jackpot.

'Has Theo finally said where he was being held at and how he managed to get back into the pack grounds, undetected and with all the injuries? ' My father had been quiet the entire dinner. His plate remained untouched, his eyes seemingly focusing in space.

'Brother, Theo has gone through a lot. Give him time, he will tell the story when he feels better. ' Pete circled his glass of water on the dining table, watching the clear liquid swirl.

'I healed him the very same day, he has had enough time to heal both mentally and physically. How else are we going to conclude the investigation without his cooperation? It's almost as if he doesn't want them to be caught. ' Tamara hit a nerve because his jaw visibly ticked. The man stood abruptly, knocking over the dining chair he sat on.

'What is that supposed to mean? ' His fists connected with the wooden table with a loud bang. Janette spluttered coffee out of her mouth at the sound.

'Calm down Pete, Tamara is right. ' My father shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly, pointing at the knocked chair.

'Leo did you hear what she just said? ' His nose flared as my father hummed, finally taking a bit of the steak that had already become cold.

'Oh please Pete, you want to explode for nothing. ' My mother leaned on her mate's shoulder, swallowing a laugh that threatened to come out. Theo's father glared at everyone of us, before picking his cane and stomping out of the room muttering curses.

'Slow down honey, you are going to choke. ' Dad smiled at Janette with everyone completely not interested in what had just happened.

'Mum thanks for the dinner, we will be leaving now. ' I pulled Tamara to her feet, earning a scowl from her pretty face.

'Without desert? '

'Let them go Maggie, Janette will eat their portions. ' I chuckled at his words. Her pregnancy had really brought about gargantuan appetite that seemed far from being normal.

We exchanged a couple of good nights before leaving the house. Janette would of course wait for Jayson who was leading the first patrol group of the evening.

'Where we going? ' My mate squeezed my hand, her warmth caressing my palm.

'To the office. '

'I thought we were going to the house.'

'So why did you ask if you thought that? ' She let go of my hand then stomped in front of me in cute short strides.

The sun had long sank, paving way for the darkness that engulfed the lands. A blanket of twinkling stars stretched to infinity. In between the gleaming stars, a pale crescent moon watched over us, looking like a claw from our view. Our eyes gifted with night vision took in the nice bounce of my mate's ass as she matched towards the office.