Chapter 38

Warning!! Full of errors.

***Tamara***

Steel's claim was not cogent to my ears and general apprehension. Mrs. Kagwe was locked up in the next room, when and how had she dished out the threat behind bars? Nonetheless to her own pup. Monica's ostensible stay at her friend's home just like another bolt from the blue.

'That was the first place we should have went scouring the moment she went missing. ' Ryker paced from wall to wall, his boot clad feet coming into contact with the tiled floor with loud footfalls.

'The boy was just threatened by her mother and you just heard about Monica? ' His back was to me but before I could finish my sentence he abruptly turned around to face me.

'Yes Tamara, yes. ' He sighed as he took in my raised eyebrows.

'If she is working with Uncle Pete then more than one life is at stake here. The problem is, how do we know that this pup hasn't been put up by his mother to distract us? ' He pushed his questions through our bonds, tilting his head to Steel's side. He was distrustful of the pups statement, especially now that his mom was awaiting punishment.

'Curt and a few men are on their way to Kagwe's place as we speak. If his information is veracious, then Monica will be found there. As for the mother, I need to have a word with her right now. Either Steel is completely shaken by his mother's cruelty, or he is a very talented actor. ' My wolf had a soft spot for the young wolf, she wanted nothing but to teach Mrs. Kagwe a lesson for daring to scare him off.

'Honey, do you know where your father is? ' He tensed at the mention of his dad. He had since relaxed but my utterances had evoked panic inside of him.

'P-please Luna, don't make me go to him. ' What was wrong with his parents? Mates were supposed to care for their pups, come rain come sunshine. It seemed that this ones though were a rare breed of fish in the sea.

'Why? ' He flinched at my mate's voice, grabbing me in fear and peeking at him behind my shoulders.

'You're scaring him. ' I reprimanded the muscled man, making him raise his hands in surrender with a smile.

'I am going after Curt, Jayson is on his way here. Please wait for him before going in there. ' He gave me a kiss on my forehead before running off to join his men.

'Was the guard with you when your mum frightened you? '

'Yes, but I run here because I feel safe with you. ' He sniffed.

'What if I wasn't here when you came in? '

'I would have hidden behind alpha's big body.' I chuckled genuinely. Just then, Jayson came in and gave the boy a high five. I didn't want Steel seeing his mother just yet after the menacing words she had thrown at him. Also, I didn't want her knowing that he had spilled the beans. If we were going to uncover their surreptitious plans, we needed to be secretive and careful.

'I need to stay with the boy while I go chat with his mother. '

'But Ryker said..'

'Forget about what he said, it won't take long. ' I dismissed him, then left for the cell. It was a few steps and the guard was quick to unlock the door for me.

The minute she saw me she was upto her feet, propelling her body right behind the silver bars. 'I swear I didn't spike Theo's drink, I wasn't anywhere near the pack house that day. Please you have to believe me. '

Pathetic, I shuddered in disgust at her meagre attempt in trying to convince me. She was really doing a pitiful job. A smile threatened to grace my lips in anticipation. Oh how I would enjoy playing along with her foolishness.