Chapter 48

Ryker

'What do you know about Janette's kidnap? ' Jayson drilled, watching my every move in my own office. My stubborn friend had been going at it for minutes, repeating the exact question.

'I already told you Jayson, nothing you should concern yourself with. ' I dismissed him again, pointing at the door for him to make an exit and leave me alone.

'Fucking stop this shit now Ryker! You might be the alpha and her sister, but I am her mate and I deserve to know. I am not leaving this goddamned office until you give me what I want. ' He scratched his head repeatedly, pacing around my office space. He has never lost his cool, he always knew how to control himself and yet emotions were clouding his thinking capacity.

'What makes you think I know something? ' I put my pen down on the wooden desk with a click. Raising my eyebrow at my friend, I leaned on my office chair.

'That night you left Tamara on her own once you found out about the disappearance of your sister. There is no way you came back with nothing. Ryker Please, no matter how irrelevant you might think it is, I need a clue. ' He sat on the edge of the chair opposite from my desk, tapping his left foot on the floor impatiently.

'Okay, I will tell you what I know. However, you must know that I have people expanding on my discovery and the truth behind it. '

'Just tell me. '

'Uncle Pete was seeing carrying a sisal baby basket right around the time my sister went missing. ' I figured it was the best thing to do as his friend.

'I'm going to kill that son of a bitch.' He knocked the chair down as he furiously stood.

'It could have been just a sisal baby basket and nothing more. That is why I am telli...

'You know as much as I do that it is not nothing. Your bastard uncle hates kids and he would never be caught dead carrying one unless he was doing it for the wrong reasons.' He stated in almost a snarl, cutting me off mid sentence.

Then he was out of my office, anger rolling out of his form in waves. I let him go because Uncle Pete wasn't within the pack grounds, in fact, there hadn't been any sign of him for days. He would calm down eventually after figuring out for himself that the old man was not around.

Once I was done going through some files, I decided to finally go check on Monica. We weren't any closer to uncovering what Addanc wanted with Mimi's skull. But like my mate had said, whatever the plan was, it would affect us immensely.

He was an evil wizard, fueled and driven by nothing but revenge. He was capable of anything especially because he used dark magic. I worried for my mate and the safety of our child. Yes she was even more powerful now that her mother's power flowed in her veins, but going up against an evil wizard?

She had been spending time with Janette and going through her mothers journal. The Chalice her mother left for her remained on her side at all times. She kept on saying that she had a feeling it would come in handy.

My walk to the dungeons was filled with thoughts and occasional hi and hellos from my pack members. The weather was calm, perhaps before a storm. So many things had happened but none could amount to Janette turning out to be my sister. The same sister I had gone searching for the night I left Tamara alone. Indeed, our moon goddess wasn't asleep at all.

'Alpha. ' The warriors at the dungeons bowed, their beasts acknowledging my presence.

'Any luck? ' I got inside, heading straight for the staircase.

'None, she refuses to talk and eat. All she does is rock and rock while staring at space. ' One of my men answered, following behind as we made our way down to the dark and damp underground cells.