Chapter 42

Tamara

'It's been three days Jayson, two whole extremely long nights of abandonment. ' I blinked away tears of fury and frustration.

'Tamara don't you think you are overstating a bit? I mean aren't you coming from his office right now? '

'Don't you dare insinuate that I am making a fit of petty annoyance Jayson. ' I pointed at him with my left index finger in a huff.

'He hasn't said a word to me for three days now. I..I can't pretend it doesn't tear me apart anymore. ' Guilt had been a part of me since he dragged Theo to the dungeons for torture.

'I will tell you this as my friend and not as my Luna. ' He walked closer to me, his voice taking a clear earnest tone.

'You picked up holes in his strength as the alpha, as if that wasn't enough, you disparaged his ability as your mate to keep you safe. ' His words provided the last hit that finally broke my illusions. The false belief that I had been holding on to about all of this being Ryker's fault dissipated.

'I see the pain in your eyes Tamara. You want to blame him for this conflict between you two, but deep down you know it is all your doing. You are the one person who is supposed to believe in him no matter what, but you did the exact opposite. ' My eyes lids blinked every one second to expel the salty liquid that was being secreted continuously.

'Find him, talk to him, do your part as his mate. Or else you will have declared death sentence to anyone who crosses his path, even in the slightest wrong way. ' With that, he squeezed my shoulder, then left me standing in the middle of our living room.

My wolf remained silent, agreeing with Jayson and also mad at me for keeping her away from her mate. I felt sorry for Theo and the torment he had gone through for the last 3 days. Ryker hadn't stepped feet in our house and he had blocked me out of his mind. He must have been taking all his dissatisfaction out of the poor man.

I picked my trenchcoat from the couch and draped it on my shoulders. Walking with determination to make things right, I closed the front door behind me. All this while, I wiped my eyes of any evidence of my previous sobbing. I ignored Mateo as he followed me to Ryker's office. Ryker made sure that his lead enforcer stayed close by.

Walking through the pack grounds exchanging greetings with the werewolves helped my heart calm a bit. Some nervousness had began brewing coupled with doubt. I mean what if Ryker refused to forgive me, what would I do then?

'If I may Luna. ' Mateo cleared his throat, waiting patiently for my approval to continue speaking. With a single nod, the over 6 foot man opened his mouth. 'Every one can sense a rift between you two, and I heard what Jayson told you. The alpha will forgive you, that is for sure. '

'You don't get it Mateo, what I said to him is unforgivable. ' My wolf scoffed with a 'I told you so. '

'He mind links me every now and then to ask how you are doing. I am not a liar, so I tell him every thing including your cries at night. He knows you are on the way to his office and he just ordered every damn warrior out of the Place. Now that to me sounds like someone who is ready to talk to you, in private. '

No words were said after that during the remaining walk. I hoped for my sanity and everyone's sake that he would forgive me. As we entered the office building, I couldn't help but feel like I was wasting my time. The door opened before I even raised my hand to knock. The alpha male stood tall, leaning on the door frame insouciantly.

Even with the proximity, his guard on our bond remained raised up. I couldn't get to his thoughts, I didn't have any idea what kind of emotions he was harbouring at that moment. All in all, after that talk with Jayson I knew I had to try and apologise. 'Ryker, you haven't slept in our bed, with me for two nights. ' He sat behind his table, perusing a file as if I wasn't talking.