24. Dog Days of Summer (Sexual content)

Rowdy proved to be a wonderful companion during the next four days, especially as the cruise ship hostage negotiations broke down. The pirates refused to let any more hostages go until they received their ransom, food and water was running out, and it had every indication it would end with the death of the hostages. I heard nothing from James, even though I emailed him. I talked to Laura Barton who hadn't heard from her husband, Clint, either. In her opinion it likely meant they had a plan and were just waiting for the right time to implement it. Keeping silent on all forms of communication was to avoid information leaking.

On the fifth day, the plan was implemented as a combined task force of Avengers, Navy Seals and British commandos swarmed the ship in a night time raid. Every extremist was isolated and either killed or captured. The explosives had been secretly deactivated by bomb disposal experts portaled in by Dr. Strange during the passenger release events. The experts then made it look like everything was still armed. Some Avengers had also portaled in but had stayed hidden to identify all suspected extremists which included two crewmen of the cruise ship. The cruise ship was going to the nearest port to disembark the passengers and reunite those whose children had been released earlier. No passengers died or were hurt and governments all over the world were praising the rescue effort.

I received a text from James that he was on his way home. I tried to stay awake but finally gave up and went to bed. Rowdy curled up next to me. In the middle of the night I was awakened by Rowdy making a little ruff sound and him getting off the bed. I followed him into the living room. In the moonlight, I could see him lying on his back having his tummy rubbed by a figure speaking softly to him. The figure looked at me and stood up. It was James and I ran to him crying. He picked me up and held me, stroking my hair and whispering "I'm home, baby, I'm home." Rowdy sat and watched with concern. James carried me to the bedroom as Rowdy followed. James turned and saw the dog.

"You stay here, Rowdy and protect Mom and Dad, okay? Good dog," he said firmly.

Rowdy sat and watched us go into the bedroom. James closed the door with his foot and started kissing me while trying to take my clothes off. It was a frenzied few minutes of kissing, clothing being pulled off and groping but we ended up where I wanted to be, under James being made love to. We were out of practice but it didn't matter as we both came at the same time and we revelled in the afterglow for some time after. I noted that James had finally allowed himself to come in me which pleased me. He propped himself up so he could look down on me and he kept touching me as if to make sure I wouldn't disappear.

"You don't know how many times I jacked off to that picture," he admitted. "Fuck baby, it was so hot. Sorry, I've been with a bunch of horny soldiers for 10 days. When they saw that picture..."

"You showed them?!" I exclaimed horrified.

"By accident," he quickly said. "I opened it in the cargo ship's canteen thinking it was another sweetheart photo, which I also loved. A bunch of seals grabbed the tablet to look at it. I almost got into a fight over it, broke a table in half to get to the guy who had it. Their CO ordered the guy to give it back but looked at it himself. Didn't believe it was a picture of my wife until I showed him a regular picture of you. They, uh, want to know who made it so they can get one done of their wives, and girlfriends."

I started to laugh, and he did too. We started kissing again and were soon launched into Round 2 of Welcome Home James. After we both came again and were cuddling he asked me about Rowdy. I told him about how crazy he was when he first saw me but since I brought him home he had been perfectly obedient, housebroken and a good companion.

"He doesn't seem like much of a watchdog," admitted James. "He didn't challenge me at all when I came in."

"He's been sleeping with me," I explained. "On the first night he smelled your T-shirt on the pillow. He knew your smell from the first night. Do you like him?"