chapter one.

"You little shit! Once your mom finds out, you're going to-"

A plastic ball hit Luciana, or as most people knew her, Lucy, in the face. She groaned and threw the ball back harder at the small child that hit her. Spending a Saturday morning babysitting neighborhood kids wasn't her plan, but her best friend, Ben, had cancelled their original plans last minute. But Lucy had a choice, work a shift at her parents' restaurant or take on babysitting.

Lucy knew how to control kids, but the neighborhood kids were something else. They were little devils who didn't know the definition of no.

"I'm telling my mom!" A little girl named Jessica pointed a finger at Lucy.

"Go ahead, rug rat, she pays me to take care of you," Lucy took Jessica into her arms, "okay, kids, let's go outside where there's grass and dirt, yeah, you like dirt?" She opened the door for all the kids to go out into the backyard.

As she closed the door, her phone started ringing in her back pocket. Lucy placed Jessica down so she could go play with the other kids and got her phone out. "What?"

"Sounds like you really aren't happy to hear from me," Ben spoke.

"No shit, I was so looking forward to laser tag," Lucy sat on the wooden steps that led to the backyard.

"I thought we agreed on lunch and going to the mall?"

"I don't fucking know at this point, anything sounds better than babysitting and working with my parents." Lucy sighed. "What's going on with you? Am I getting invited to fancy red carpets and having VIP passes soon?"

"I'll let you know when that happens. Or maybe this time I'll take your mum or even one of your brothers," Ben teased.

"Do that and I'll make sure you never eat any of my mom's food, especially her tamales," Lucy threatened.

"Okay, okay, fine! You know I won't go anywhere without my number one girl." Ben said.

"I smell lies, but okay. I'll be sure to tell your mom and your future girlfriend you said that," Lucy smirked. From the corner of her eye, she saw one of the kids hang upside down from a swing set her dad built her when she was younger. "gotta go, these devils are going to make me get not want kids."

"Uh oh, wait until your mum hears about that, you know how much she wants grandkids from every single of one her kids."

"Yeah, well if you ever have a kid I'll just steal it from you, raise it as my own and then my mom will think it's mine. Easy, god, Ben! You are always making things hard," Lucy got up from her spot. "If I have a girl, I'll name her Bella then she can find her Edward. If she finds a Jacob, I'm moving states."

"What if your partner isn't a Twilight fan?"

"That's my one requirement to date me."