chapter sixteen.

"My favorite person!"

Lucy threw her arms around Claudia which caught the blonde off guard since she thought Lucy was referring to Ben as her 'favorite person'. Claudia chuckled then hugged Lucy back. "I'm flattered, you're my favorite person too!" Claudia replied, letting go of the brunette.

Ben closed the door to his apartment as he brought in bags of food. "I feel so loved."

"You get to see her almost everyday, I don't. She's stuck with you." Lucy said, walking with Claudia to the dining table.

"Why do you make it sound like it's a bad thing?" Ben placed a container of food infront of Lucy.

"I've known you for years, Benny, it is a bad thing," Lucy spoke. "Aw, thanks for my food. Maybe you aren't so bad after all."

"Choke." Ben smiled.

"You first." Lucy replied.

"This is just lovely." Claudia interrupted their conversation.

"If Ben never met me, his life would be boring so I'd like to thank myself for bringing in some sort of joy to dear Ben's life. You're welcome, John Keats." Lucy winked at her friend.

"And if you never met me, you wouldn't have someone to feed you or criticize your awful taste in films." Ben sat next to Claudia. Claudia had her container of food while Ben had his, together they all ate as they talked. Lucy had left her phone on the couch so she didn't realize that she had gotten more messages from Andrew.

"You just don't appreciate art." Lucy scoffed.

"Since when is Twilight and The Lego Movie art?"

"I liked the Lego Movie." Claudia said.

Ben had almost choked on his fries. "Really?"

Claudia nodded. "Yeah, I watched it in class. One of my kids suggested it so I put it on and now it's my comfort movie."

Lucy looked at Ben with a giant grin on her face. "What do you say now, pretty boy?"

"I say . . . Let me eat in peace, Luciana, or you're sleeping on the floor tonight."

The three friends spent the afternoon hanging out, nothing special really. Lucy was so invested in getting to know Claudia better that she had forgotten all about her phone. By the afternoon, Ben drove back to Claudia's house so they could have dinner. Lucy was excited to finally meet Claudia's mom, Janis, after weeks of Ben telling her that Janis Donovan was certainly one of the most interesting women he had met.

"Oh, Edward is here! I think he brought chocolate cake." Claudia commented as Ben opened the car door for her.

Lucy opened her side of the door, but Ben thought it was a great idea to shut it which resulted in Lucy hitting her head on the window. Claudia didn't see so Ben didn't get scolded at like Lucy wanted. Finally, Lucy got the door opened. When she got out of the car, she hit Ben's arm.

"Asshole." Lucy whispered.

"Bitch." Ben replied as he grabbed Claudia's hand.

Claudia opened the front door of her house. "Hey, ma! We're home!" She announced, letting Ben and Lucy in.

Janis Donovan exited the kitchen with her pink and white apron still on. She had her white fuzzy slippers on instead of normal shoes and she had a champagne glass in her hand, but instead of actual champagne, it was apple juice mixed with cranberry juice.

"Ben! My darling Ben! How are you?" Janis pushed her daughter to the side so she could hug Ben.

"I'm great, Janis, this is some homeless girl we found on the street. I'm doing my good deed of the day. I think her name is Lucy." Ben introduced his friend to Janis.

Lucy glared at Ben. First, the car door, now this? Ben Barnes was getting more bold and Lucy was definitely planning some sort of revenge already.

"He's joking, about the homeless part. I'm his best friend Lucy." Lucy went in for a handshake, but Janis hugged the girl instead. Instantly, Lucy felt like she was about to cry. She couldn't remember when was the last time she was properly hugged by someone that wasn't her grandma or Ben.

"Hi sweetheart, I'm Claudia's mom, Janis," the older woman let go of Lucy. "Come on in, the food is ready."

Claudia and Lucy stayed behind while Ben followed Janis into the dining room as they talked about the food that smelled amazing.

"Are you okay?" Claudia asked Lucy.

"Uh, yeah, I just felt a bit emotional for a sec. It's no big deal." Lucy brushed it off.

"Maybe one day we can go out shopping together . . without Ben? Or if shopping isn't your thing, we can go watch a movie?" Claudi suggested. "Ben always talks about how great you are. You're a great friend, Lucy."

"Ben talks about me? Nicely?"

Claudia laughed. "Yeah, you're surprised about that?"

"Kinda. I'm always bullying him so yeah. And don't worry about me, the best friend, trying to get in the way you guys' relationship. I love Ben, but not in that way. See, if he was dying and he needed like a kidney or something, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I will never let him borrow my headphones." Lucy explained.

"Your friendship is something else. I love it." Claudia led Lucy into the kitchen where the rest of her family was. It was safe to say that Lucy was more relaxed than ever in the Donovan household.

An: consider this an apology for the new chapter on my ben fic <3