chapter eleven.

Lucy looked down at her phone screen. It was almost 12AM and she was just closing up. She didn't know if it was a set up by her own mom, but many people decided that coming to eat half an hour before closing time was okay, those people being a family full of kids celebrating their grandfather's birthday.

She said goodbye to the waitresses and cooks, making sure everything was set up for tomorrow's early shift. She was in the middle of locking the cash register when the restaurant door opened. "Can't you read? The sign says closed, we open tomorrow at nine." She continued trying to get the key out from the keyhole. She was pretty sure she broke it.

"I can read, I was just hoping I could talk to you since I didn't see you at the wedding."

Lucy stopped trying to get the key out and looked at the person in front of her. She felt like someone was pranking her. Maybe she was dreaming? She didn't want to pinch herself because if it was a dream, she didn't want to wake up from it.

"A mutual friend of ours thought we should finally meet. Exciting, right?" Andrew walked to the front counter where Lucy was freaking out internally.

"Terrifying, exciting, same thing, right? I think I just died." Lucy mumbled.

"I know, this isn't how I wanted it to go, but Ben talked about you nonstop so I'm here. Nice to meet you, Lucy." Andrew smiled at her.

Then Lucy did something embarrassing, at least for her it was. She grabbed a paper from her notepad she used to take orders, rolled it up in a ball and threw it at Andrew's face just to make sure he was real.

Andrew had no reaction to it so he laughed it off. "Crazy that I'm real."

"I'm still convinced you're in my imagination, which now I realize sounds very weird, but I don't ever think." Lucy said.

"You're funny, Ben did mention you sometimes have no filter. He also invited me to this wedding you totally missed out on. Something about a Vanessa being a bitchy cousin?"

"What? He did what?" Lucy ripped several pages from her notepad out.

"I have a feeling I wasn't supposed to tell you that. But I'm a sucker for weddings, sometimes to be clear." Andrew clarified.

"You're telling me I could've gone to my cousin's wedding with Spider-man?"

"Be more specific, Lucy, theres a new Spider-man now." Andrew acted hurt, but in reality he was excited to see what Spider-man was going to do in the MCU.

"Oh please, new Spider-man looks like a little kid. I don't mind the new Aunt May, but mister friendly neighborhood web head looks like he's going on a field trip."

"But you haven't seen him-"

Lucy held her hand up to stop Andrew from speaking. "Don't need to, I have a favorite Spider-man."

Andrew then smirked as he leaned against the counter. "Oh, yeah, is it me? I know, I'm pretty great."

"Dude, I'm talking about my man Tobey. Bully Maguire until I die." Lucy confessed.

"Okay, so at one point you thought I was the best Peter Parker."

"I don't know, get Ben to play Peter then we'll talk. I love seeing famous  friendships crumble." Lucy smiled.

"You are truly fascinating."

An: lucy and andrew my beloveds <3

anyways, how do we feel about pregnancy in books? this doesn't mean lucy is going to be pregnant in like the next chapter 😐✋🏼 that's literally impossible because THEY JUST MET AND ALSO IT DOESNT ADD UP but for future references, share your opinions!! i would love to hear from y'all <3

stay safe and drink some water!!