chapter fourteen.

"Where's my little sister?"

Daniel scoffed. He continued eating his breakfast as his brothers entered the kitchen with their wives and kids. "Nice to see you too, dipshit."

Leo set his daughter on the ground. "Dude, there's kids. Shut up."

"As if they don't hear abuela curse the entire neighborhood," Daniel said. "She stormed out like half an hour ago. I think it had something to do with mom because that woman is quiet right now. Too quiet that it's really creepy."

Leo and Issac looked at each other in confusion. "Why? What's going on with them?" Leo asked.

"Are you really asking that? I've seen the way your mother treats your only sister!" Leo's wife, Emma, fumed. "My mom treats her better and you know it."

Leo looked at his wife. "Okay, Em, relax-"

"Don't tell me to relax when your mother is an evil bitch!"

All three brothers stared at Emma, who did her breathing excercises her doctor told her to practice when she got stressed. It was mostly during visits to Leo's family that she felt like ripping her hair out, but she tried getting better.

"Don't you just love being home?" Daniel said sarcastically. "Lucy doesn't have that many friends, she might be at the restaurant, I don't know."

"Great! I can join her there and you three morons can take care of the kids for a day. Issac, I'll take your wife and the girls can finally have a day to themselves," Emma grabbed Issac's wife's hand and tried to make their way out the kitchen, but Melina had walked in carrying her youngest grandchild, Rosie. "Melina, hi, how are you?" Emma put on a weird fake smile.

"Doing good now that all my family is here." Melina grinned.

"Where's Aunt Lulu?" Leo's daughter, Rosie, asked. No matter what, all of Lucy's nieces and nephews adored her, they loved her so much that they even gave her a nickname.

"Come on, let's eat! You kids must be hungry." Melina grabbed the girl's hand and guided her to the dining table where she helped all the kids get to their seats.

Emma scoffed lowly. "She doesn't even bother to answer Rosie. And you wonder why I like going to my mom's." She turned around to face her husband, who was too busy stuffing his face with bacon along with his brothers.

"Really Issac?" Camila, Issac's wife, crossed her arms over her chest. She looked at the brothers in disappointment.

"What? It's food!" Issac tried to feed his wife a piece of bacon, but she grabbed it from his hand and put it back on the plate. "I'll find Lucy, fine, I'll be back. But if my mom finds out I left, you won't have someone to cook dinner on fridays."

"Panda Express isn't 'cooking dinner'. I've seen the containers, now go and get your sister."

Lucy was doing fine at the restaurant, she honestly didn't want to go back, but she knew she had to at some point. She was having a conversation with some couple at the bar section of the restaurant. The couple came all the way from Italy to finally visit California and some friends had recommended the Rodriguez restaurant so here they were.

"That's really cool that you met in school. My parents met in Mexico, they were neighbors actually. Childhood friends turned neighbors turned boyfriend girlfriend . . . Now, I don't really know what they are. Strangers, I guess," Lucy explained. "Sorry to dump all of this on you. We just met, I know it's alot to take in."

"Swetie, I get that all the time. I'm a licensed therapist." The woman said, drinking from her daiquiri.

"Holy shit, I feel som much better now." Lucy laughed.