chapter twelve.

"So you hate your cousin?"

Andrew and Lucy sat across from each other at a table near the back. Lucy had brought out leftover cake they had in the refrigerator. She grabbed two spoons and now Lucy was sharing a tres leches cake with Andrew. (She never thought she would ever be doing that, but here she was.)

"Most of the times I do. She's a show off, always wants attention and she even has a fucking tree house in my backyard. I'm glad I didn't go to her wedding. But my family is going to start rumors because I didn't go." Lucy said.

"Why? Just because you didn't show up?" He asked, grabbing more cake with his spoon.

"Yeah, that happened last year with my other cousin. She didn't go to my aunt's wedding and the whole family started saying that she ran away with her boyfriend but in reality she was in Canada helping her husband take care of his mom."

"Holy shit, what do you think they'll say about you?" He questioned as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Nothing too bad. Probably just pregnancy rumors," she joked. "So, did you actually want to go to the wedding or were you blackmailed by Mister Barnes?"

"I wasn't blackmailed," he laughed lightly. "I was feeling in the festive mood lately. Currently finishing up a film."

Lucy nodded. "Gonna be honest, I'm a huge fan of your work, but lately I haven't been active on social media so what's your new movie, Mr. Garfield?" She sat back in her seat.

"I'm glad you asked, Ms. I don't know your last name, but I do know your fist name. It's a war movie about Desmond Doss. If my calculations are correct, filming sould end in December." He thought about.

"December? So you'll be here for the holidays . . . " she knew it was too early to ask, but she went for it. "If you're still here by Christmas, do you want to come to this very shitty holiday party I throw every year? Ben is going, well, at this point he had to attend every year. It's kind of our thing. But this time he's bringing his girlfriend. She's a teacher. She actually got fired, but I still consider her a teacher."

"Ben did say something about his teacher girlfriend. I can say I'm very excited to meet her. As for the 'very shitty' holiday party, I'll see for myself if it is indeed very shitty. Thank you for this delicious cake, Lucy." Andrew said as he got up from his seat. "Sorry we didn't attend the wedding, I can make it up for you."

Lucy was too distracted by his face to even pay attention so she just nodded and said yes.

"Ben gave me your number. I was thinking that we could go somewhere nice, don't know where that would be, but I'm sure I'll figure it out." He chuckled nervously. He didn't know if Lucy wanted to be around him, but he was truly trying his best for her to like him.

"That sounds good," she said. She felt like a teenage girl again with her high school crush.

"Great! Have a goodnight, take care," he smiled at her. "Goodbye, Lucy." He said as he exited the restaurant. As he left, he thought about all the possible places he could take her. He was too busy thinking about their 'date' that he ran into the glass door. He tried pushing the door, but it wouldn't open. That's when he read the signs. He was pushing a pull door.

"Are you okay?" Lucy asked from her seat.

"Y-Yeah, fine! Doors stuck." He said trying to play it cool.

"Okay, be careful, I always run into it too. Push pull doors are my enemy."

Andrew eventually got the door to open correctly. "I'll see you soon!" He waved goodbye to Lucy as he left the restaurant. Once he made it to his car, he mentally face plamed himself. "Idiot, idiot, idiot. Why'd you run into the door? Are you illiterate?"

Back in the restuarant, Lucy was freaking out. She jumped up from her seat in pure excitement. She didn't think the day would actually come, the day she finally met Andrew. She squealed then quickly placed a hand over her mouth thinking that Andrew might've heard her. After making sure she was alone, she squealed again.

"Holy shit, that just happened." She said to herself.

An: so instead of hacksaw ridge filming in australia, pretend it's filming in the us of a 🙃

anyways, have a great day/evening/night friends! stay hydrated, eat some snacks, you are amazing and I'm proud of you <3 love you all you lovely humans 🖤

and before i forget, i made a Lucy and andrew playlist that consists of songs they 10000000% jam to.

only the best cover for my mexican gf and her gringo lover 😫☝🏼