chapter five.

"Lucy!"

Mrs. Rodriguez yelled. The whole restuarant went silent as Mr. Rodriguez  chuckled nervously and assured the customers that everything was okay. At least he hoped. As he walked past the cash register and practically ran to the kitchen in the direction of his angry wife.

"What is going on? I can hear you all the way outside!"

"Look at her! She's wearing sandals and she hasn't brushed her hair!" Mrs. Rodriguez pointed at her daughter's head.

"Oh god, go get decent. We're in a restaurant. And not just any restaurant, your great grandfather's restaurant. He would find this very disrespectful." Mr. Rodriguez sighed.

"That's the same man who spent most of his life barefoot and talked to his dog. I'm pretty sure he can let my very comfortable sandals slide today," Lucy said. "Plus I didn't come to work. I'm here for grandma. We're going shopping."

Grandma Liliana, a widow, loved her grandchildren more than anything. She especially loved shopping.

"I heard shopping," Liliana arrived to the kitchen with sunglasses on her face and her cane in hand.

"Let's go, Abuelita, just look at their clothes. Seems like they're the ones who need a shopping date."

"Damn right." Abuelita said and linked her arm with Lucy's as they exited the kitchen.

Lucy drove her and her grandma to their favorite antique store. It was a friday morning so it wasn't too busy. The owner knew them personally, he was great friends with Lucy's grandfather at one point.

"Hey, Mr. Perez, how are you?" Lucy greeted the shop owner as they entered the store.

"Lucy! Liliana! My number one customers, it's always a great day to see your smiling faces. I'm great, how are you ladies doing?" The old man greeted them. He always wore a hat and kept a pocket watch in his pocket. Lucy loved how he always had a different interesting story everyday from his childhood.

"We're doing great too, Grandma wants to find some tea cups for her collection." Lucy said.

"You're here just in time. I got the perfect set to add to your collection, Liliana." Mr. Perez said and excused himself to go to the back of his store to find the tea cup set.

"I think he has a crush on me." Grandma Liliana said out of no where.

"And if he doesn't?" Lucy asked.

"Nope, he definitely does. Your grandpa told me he married me so Javier couldn't marry me. I was fine with it, I just didn't want to end up lonely." She referred to the shop owner by his first name.

"Oh wow, did you fake date before or something?"

"No, we hated each other then he found out Javier liked me and told me to marry him. He didn't ask, he told me. And my dumbass said yes. That's still the best decision I ever made."

Mr. Perez then came back with a light green tea cup set. "I'll wrap this up for you. We have more stuff that just came in if you want to look around."

"Thanks," Lucy nodded and walked with her grandma to another section of the shop. "Oh my god, did you see that smile?! He totally wants to marry you."

Liliana smirked. "Oh, I know, who wouldn't?"

"My man-"

"Enough with your Spider-man this and that! He looks too old for you anyways!" Liliana scoffed, "he has awful dance moves anyways."

"Abuelita, I'm talking about Andrew not Tobey. But I'm glad you know about Spider-man. Mom thinks Andrew would run away from me if he ever meets me." Lucy looked through a section of old dolls.

"If he does, run after him, maybe throw a rock to slow him down. Works everytime." Liliana chuckled.

Lucy held up a cracked porcelain doll to show to her grandma. "This one?"

"No, it's broken. Keep looking."

So Lucy put the doll back on the shelf. "Mom thinks I'm wasting my life obsessing over actors. I mean she acts like she's never had a crush on someone famous!"

"This stays between me and you, but that woman had a huge crush on the guy from Psycho. The creepy one that dresses up as his mom."

"Norman Bates? My mom had a crush on Norman Bates. Wow, I thought she was more of a John Travolta or James Dean types of woman." Lucy said shocked.

"Your mom was weird. She doesn't want anyone to know so your lips stay sealed unless you find a rich man."