chapter twenty one.

Andrew was nervous. He kept looking around the restaurant as if he was being watched. Obviously he did get recognized a bit, but that didn't matter. He was here to meet Lucy's dad, which meant alot to her. This was a big step.

"I think you're more nervous than me. Shouldn't I be the nervous one?" Lucy pushed the small bowl of chips and salsa towards Andrew. "Eat, you're making me feel bad because I'm the only one eating. They're really good."

Andrew took a chip and dunked it into the salsa. "For you." He said then bit into it.

"Thank you. My dad and Ashley should be here about . . . Now." She said as she search for the short haired man she called her dad. One thing Lucy liked about her dad was how punctual he was. If he said he was going to be at a place in five minutes, he was going to be there in five minutes.

"Oh god," Andrew took another chip then stuffed it in his face. "I've never stress ate before, is this what it feels like?"

"Dude, calm down. My dad is the most laid back guy. Expect when it comes to my mom and people who listen to country music. You don't listen to country music, right?" Andrew shook his head. "Then you have nothing to worry about."

Lucy's dad, Lorenzo, who went by Enzo most of the time, walked next to a beautiful black haired woman who had several tattoos on her arms. Her whole vibe kinda reminded Lucy of Amy Winehouse. She had a nice dark blue dress with a leather jacket on. Enzo Rodriguez had black jeans and a Killer Klowns From Outer Space shirt. It was another case of dressed up girlfriend and casual boyfriend.

"Hi dad!" Lucy got up from her seat to hug her dad. "Love the shirt."

"Thanks, Luce, this beautiful woman is Ashley. Ash, meet Lucy, my daughter." Enzo introduced the two women.

"Hi, I don't if you're a hugger-" Ashley was cut off by Lucy wrapping her arms around the older woman. "yeah, she's a hugger."

"Sorry, I'm just really excited to meet the woman that makes my dad happy,"
Lucy smiled as she let go of Ashley. "Dad, Ashley, the man stuffing his face with chips and salsa is Andrew."

Andrew shyly waved then stood up. "Very nice to meet you both." He shook their hands.

"British accent? Nice." Ashley chuckled.

"I was actually born here." Andrew said as the couple and Lucy walked to the table. Enzo watched as Andrew pulled the chair out for Lucy. After ordering practically everything on the menu, the two couple chatted about their lives. Lucy was very interested in Ashley's life. She had done so much after graduating high school.

"I traveled to Seattle, stayed there for a year then went back to New Orleans for a job interview. This man wanted to open up record stores in the area and across the US so he asked me if I wanted to manage one in California. I was scared, I had just started working for him and he thinks I can manage a record store by myself?" Ashley said.

"How'd that go?" Lucy asked.

"Horrible at first. We weren't getting any customers because the store looked like Mushnik's flower shop from Little Shop Of Horrors. But eventually I got the store running and we've been alright ever since."

"We should visit some time. I've been wanting to collect more records." Lucy said.

"For sure, just tell me when, I can get you a discount." Ashley replied.

"Please tell me you have Rage Against The Machine in stock? Everytime I go to a record store, they're always out." Andrew told Ashley.

"We have a shipment coming next week that includes their whole discography. I'll set some aside for you." Ashley smiled.

"Dad, you have the best girlfriend ever." Lucy commented.

"True," Andrew agreed which made Lucy gasp. "I mean, yeah she's cool, but have you seen this one?" He nudged Lucy's elbow with his.

"Betrayed by your own boyfriend, Luce, who would've thought?" Enzo chuckled. He clearly didn't think much of his comment since the food had arrived.

"Sorry, I didn't tell him we aren't together." Lucy whispered to Andrew as the waiter placed her food infront of her.

"No, that's alright, I like being called your boyfriend. It sounds . . . right."