chapter nine.

Abuela Liliana noticed her granddaughter wouldn't leave her room. Lucy would normally never leave her room, but now she didn't even leave to say goodnight or goodmorning like she usually did. Lucy was lucky enough to get a bedroom with her own bathroom so she didn't have to leave the room. As for food, she would text Daniel or her dad to bring her some, which they did surprisingly.

Liliana knocked on Lucy's door with her cane. She got no answer so she tried again. Still, Lucy never opened the door.

"I will break this door down if you don't open it. I may be old, but I know how to break stuff. I've done with many times. I also have taser. Just wanted you to know that." The older woman said.

After about ten seconds, Lucy unlocked the door and left her abuela in. Liliana looked around the messy room. Lucy had clothes everywhere, empty food cartons filled the trash, her bed was unmade and every inch of the room was dark.

"What's wrong, Lucy?" She walked over to her bed. "Talk to me, mi niña, what's got you like this?"

Lucy turned over on her side and faced the wall. "I'm fine."

"You're not. Is this because of your mom? I'll talk to her-"

"Abuela, it's always my mom. I always get picked on by the woman who should love me. I haven't heard her say that she's proud of me in years. There's always something wrong with me and I can't fix it because that's the way I am. But look at her precious sons, they never clean after themselves. I was eight and I took care of three older brothers. I learned how to cook for them, not for me. Mom would always tell me to make sure they ate because they didn't know how to cook. I didnt know how either!" Lucy raised her voice as she sat up on her bed.

"Instead of me being taken care of by my brothers, I took care of them. The youngest! Can you believe that? Then she come in and asks me what am I going to do if I don't know how to cook or clean or do anything! She really expects me to follow her housewife footsteps." Lucy went on.

Liliana grabbed Lucy's hand and squeezed it. "You're a strong woman, Lucy, you've always been. I know your mom is hard on you and believe or not, I yell at her for it. She usually tells me to stop telling her how to parent you. If only her brothers and sisters could hear her. They would fight your mom right then and there. I appreciate everything you do for this family, my girl."

"Thanks, Abuela, I haven't heard anything nice in a long time." Lucy curled up to her grandma's side.

"If I still had my house, I would let you move in with me. We could stay up late, sleep until noon." Liliana wrapped an arm around her granddaughter.

"That sounds nice. But if that actually happened, mom would lose her mind. She expected me to have my life figured out after i graduated high school. I was just some girl who didn't know anything, I still am." Lucy grabbed her blanket, covering herself and her grandma.

"I don't think so. You're a smart girl who knows what she wants." Liliana kissed the top of Lucy's head. "Oh my lord, your bed is comfier than mine. Scoot, my body is half asleep."

The two women slept peacefully in Lucy's bed. While they were in a deep sleep, Lucy's mom, Melina, was going crazy trying to find Grandma Liliana. She checked every room until she got to Lucy's. That's where she found her mom and her daughter snoring.

Melina sighed. Of course her own mother was encouraging Lucy's lazy behavior. Everything she said was for her daughter's own good, but Lucy was a rebel in her eyes. Lucy never listened, she was always the problem.

An: y'all we are getting closer to lucy and andrew meeting for the first time yeeeeeee

also because i watched encanto again and I'm also v curious, does anyone have someone like bruno in their family? Like that one relative no one talks about because of their reputation or idk something?

I have several but the one that stands out is my cousin from my dad's side who is currently in jail lolz if we talk about him we usually whisper literally and i also have an uncle that fled to Mexico to avoid paying child support 😗✌🏼