chapter seven.

Lucy grabbed her phone from the kitchen table, surprised to see her brother still on his phone eating his grilled cheese he managed to burn. "Thought you left already." Lucy said, unlocking her phone and going straight to instagram.

"Blind ass can't you see I'm still here?"

"I hate you." Lucy said as she raised her middle finger at her brother then left to go to her room that still needed a deep clean. She wasn't a messy person, but she also wasn't the most organized. Lately, she just didn't have the right motivation to clean her room. Her mom just called it laziness.

As soon as she entered her room, she connected her phone to her bluetooth speaker and played her cleaning playlist. As Tame Impala played in the background, Lucy took one look at her messy room and sighed. Then she paused her music and tossed her phone onto her bed where she grabbed her blanket and decided to take a nap instead of cleaning.

She was quickly taken by sleep that even her phone buzzing didn't wake her.

Ben🥶😈
So I have a surprise for you

Ben🥶😈
Wake up

Ben🥶😈
Did you fall asleep again?

Ben🥶😈
It's the afternoon, why are you sleeping?

Ben🥶😈
I assume that's why you're not replying. Anyways, I'm about to be your favorite person in the entire world.

Ben🥶😈
You just have to wait until your cousin's wedding. Also I hate your cousin, she totally eye fucked me while introducing her FIANCÉ

Ben🥶😈
I told Claudia that and she doesn't want to ever meet her. Also I really want to make things official with her, but I dont want to freak her out. She had alot of things going on

Ben🥶😈
WHAT IF SHE SAYS NO THE EMBARRASSMENT NOOOOOO

Ben🥶😈
Okay I'm fine maybe idk help

Ben 🥶😈
Have a good sleep and you're welcome for being the best friend you've ever had 😉

It was about 11PM when Lucy woke from her nap. She thought she had slept a whole day until she checked her phone, which made her his when the bright light hit her face. She saw multiple messages from Ben and several social media notifications along with one single game notification. She was very much addicted to playing Subway Surfers.

She tossed her phone onto her bed then got up and walked to the kitche, hoping to find some kind of leftover food. Knowing her family, they probably didn't leave anything, but it was worth a try.

Just as she pulled out half a bowl of fruit, the kitchen light flickered on and from the corner of the kitchen entrance, Grandma Liliana came out with her cane in hand ready to fight whoever it was that interrupted her sleep.

"Jesus Christ! It's me!" Lucy almost choked on the piece of fruit. "Put the cane down, woman! Put it down!"

"How was I supposed to know that you weren't a robber? I blame your mom for putting me in the room closest to the kitchen," Liliana set her cane down and slowly walked to the kitchen table to sit in her usual chair by the window.

"Why are you up? Don't old people go to sleep early?" Lucy sat with her grandma.

"Shut up, I can see gray hair from here," Liliana gestured to Lucy's hair. "I can't sleep, I'm positive it's your grandpa haunting me for not watering his precious garden."

"That man was something else. Want some?" She pushed the bowl of fruit towards the older woman.

"Why are you up? Last time I checked, you don't wake up until the afternoon."

Lucy sighed. "Took a long nap and now I'm hungry. Sometimes I forget to feed myself."

"You get that from your grandpa, that man was always busy that he would go a day without eating, he just drank water or beer. I always had to come after him with his food and yelled at him to eat." Liliana smiled at the memory of her yelling at the top of her lungs to her husband.

"You never told me how you and grandpa met. Was it romantic? Did you cry? Oh my god, did he cry?" Lucy was ready to hear the love story.

"If by romantic you mean telling my parents he was going to take me to live with him, knock me up then marry me and run off to the United States then yes, super romantic. My parents weren't even at the wedding. They didn't like how rushed things were between me and your grandpa. But I knew I loved that man with my whole heart, to this day he's the love of my life." Liliana wiped away a tear.

"That's so . . . Aw. I still remember the first time I met him. He told me I looked like his mom and started to cry and hugged me like I was going off to war." Lucy said, giving her grandma a napkin for her tears.

"No, that was your cousin Vanessa."

"Oh, then what about the time grandpa made me a tree house with dad?"

"Again, that was Vanessa. Do you have brain damage or something?" Liliana tossed a piece of watermelon into her mouth.

"You're telling me that the tree house in MY backyard is not mine, but it's my bitchy cousin's? Dad said it was for me. This is more disappointing than the time Daniel won most likely to be famous over me. He still isn't famous! At least I have Ben, that counts, right?" Lucy asked. She suddenly felt betrayed by her own family.

"Absolutely, and maybe he'll get you a famous boyfriend too. But for now, you'll be stuck working shifts with your parents and babysitting rugrats that don't like your cooking." Liliana got up from her chair and pressed a kiss to her granddaughter's forehead.

As her grandma left, Lucy felt offended. "What's wrong with my cooking?"