Why are you still awake? (Harry Potter)

"why are you still awake?" you questioned as you came down the stairs from your room. sitting alone in the common room was harry potter, a blanket wrapped tightly around him as he gazed into the fire. he looked up to you in tired confusion as you smiled, "shouldn't you be asleep?"

"sleep?" he hummed in a groggy voice, pushing up his glasses. he shook his head at you as you reached the bottom of the stairs. "never heard of her."

you let out a laugh. "can i sit?" harry scooted to the side, lifting up his blanket so you could join him on the couch. you smiled as you slid next to him. "thanks."

"why are you awake?" he asked, clearing his throat slightly to shake some of the tiredness away.

"bad dream," you shrugged. he nodded in understanding. "your turn."

"haven't slept yet," harry admitted, shaking his head as he stared into the fire. you watched the fire through the frames of his glasses. "just.. can't seem to fall asleep lately."

you nodded with a hum. "i've been there. it's not fun."

"it's not," harry affirmed. he glanced up at you, taking in the glow that the flames had cast onto your face with a smile. "got any advice?"

you considered. "wanna go for a walk?"

"it's midnight," harry chuckled.

you just stood from the couch, offering him a tired hand and a half-hearted shrug. "so?"

harry just smiled at your adorably expectant eyes before taking your hand.