Fences (Draco Malfoy)

"Fences hold me back from mine, baby

Hold my hands and hold them tight"

I walked the halls, my hands in fists. "Stupid Malfoy." I muttered to myself, before I knew it tears began to fall from my eyes.

"I like my pit

I want to stay"

"Stupid Malfoy!" I punched my pillow repeatedly crying. "I can't believe you would do some like that to me!" I cried harder this time.

"That way I can't fall back in again

Ah!"

Hermione Granger, the only other friend I had other then Draco entered the dorm seeing my punching a pillow with tears in my eyes.

"I wanna scream

Cut you up like you did me"

"What happened?!" She yelled running towards me holding me in her arms. I shook my head, how was I supposed to explain to Hermione?

"Is this all I've ever known

Is this all I've ever known"

"I can't... I can't tell you." I muttered, I looked at her brown eyes, tears continued to fall from my eyes. How do I tell her that she was right all along?

"You took the sunshine from the days

Now I live in shadows"

That's when Draco walked in seeing me a mess, Hermione had connected the dots then glaring at Draco. "What did you do to her?" She asked him. Draco looked at me then Hermione in a panic.

"I'm just a dog with no bite

This is all I've ever known"

"Please, (Y/n), let me explain." Before Hermione could do or say anything I got up and shoved him.

"Can't relax"

"What do you need to explain? You're embarrassed to be seen with me!" I exclaimed as I continued to shove him. Eventually he was outside the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Head stuck in the ground

Hidden, will it ever be found"

"You can't explain. I know you're ashamed to be seen with a mudblood." I spit as I walked back into the Gryffindor common room.

"I hope you feel, I hope you feel the guilt I do

You've got no shame"

I hadn't spoken to Draco, I felt lonely without him. I hung out with Hermione, Ron and Harry but they were all coupled up and I felt like a burden to them. It was awkward anyways, seeing them flirt with their partners. I felt left out seeing them happy.

"You did the damage and I feel the

Pain"

Draco can't apologize for this. I wouldn't be able to forgive him. He made me feel like trash, a side character to his big story. He was embarrassed, he hasn't told his parents, hadn't told his friends. He was ashamed, embarrassed to be with a muggle-born Gryffindor.

"I wanna scream

Cut you up like you did me"

I looked at him from a distance with sad eyes. I was so happy by his side. He made me feel like I was floating in air with no worries. That was until his friends would show up and suddenly he didn't know me.

"Is this all I've ever known

Is this all I've ever known"

I knew that he had reputation to hold, his parents were strict about being with a muggle born. I knew but deep down it pained me. Knowing his parents would never like me because of my Blood status. Because I'm muggle born his parents wouldn't accept me.

"You took the sunshine from the days

Now I live in shadows"

"(Y/n)..." I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. I knew who it was. The boy I had been in love with since I could remember.

"I'm just a dog with no bite

This is all I've ever known"

I looked him in the eyes, "What?" I asked as I stared at him He sighed before he began to talk.

"I'm gonna forgive you

So I can breathe"

"I'm Sorry. I know what I did was wrong. But you know how my friends are, my family. They're all still stuck in 1900s when blood status matters." He trailed of rubbing his neck.

"Is this all I've ever known

Is this all!? Is this all"

His smile, it's so beautiful.. But is it worth forgiving him? He hurt me.. I'm afraid that he'll hurt me once again.

"You took the sunshine from the days

Now I live in shadows"

"Its okay."

"I'm just a dog with no bite

Is this all I've ever known"