Quiet Girl (Harry Potter)

"Do you know where Hermione is? I have looked everywhere and I just can't find her, we were supposed to work on her Patronus," asked Harry anxiously to Ron.

"I don't know," Ron groaned while shoving two chicken wings at the same time into his mouth.

"Do you ever stop eating Ron?!" Ginny asked furiously and turned to Harry: "I saw her in the common room with some girl. I think they were studying or something."

"Thanks Ginny." Harry got up from his seat and headed to the Gryffindor common room.

"I wish I had met you before!" Harry heard Hermione laughing while he was getting inside the common room.

"I feel the same for you but like I said, I-I'm known to be very shy." Harry was confused when he heard the unfamiliar voice. When he was finally inside the room he saw Potions books all over the couch and two girls sitting on the ground, Hermione and someone who he has never seen before.

Both girls tilted their head to face Harry, Hermione chuckled: "Oh hi Harry, what's going on?"

Harry nervously waved at the girl sitting beside Hermione. The girl was visibly uncomfortable by Harry's existence in the room causing Harry to be confused: "I-I... We were going to work on something Hermione, remember?" Hermione stared into Harry's eyes until she remembered: "Merlin Harry, I'm truly sorry! I didn't realize what the time was while hanging out with Y/N! Have you met her?" Hermione threw her arms around Y/N's shoulder when Y/N was clearly blushing hard. She shyly tilted his head and stared the wall behind Harry, just to avoid his eyes: "Hi..."

"Hello, I'm Harry-"

"I know," Y/N cut his sentence off quickly then she tried to explain it desperately: "I-I mean everyone knows you, the boy who lived," Y/N laughed nervously and scratched the back of her neck.

The three of them stared each other awkwardly until Hermione broke the silence: "I guess we should get going Harry... I will see you at dinner Y/N!" She chuckled and hugged Y/N. Y/N was not happy about them leaving her alone but she was not going to beg them to stay. Hermione quickly got out of the room while Harry was still standing awkwardly staring at Y/N, who was not paying attention to him a bit, casually reading a book. Harry coughed to get her attention but Y/N was just ignoring him Harry sighed and anxiously played with his fingers. He didn't know why but he just wanted to talk to her and he was oddly shy about the situation. He watched the piece of her (Y/H/C) falling in front of her eyes, her long eyelashes flickering while she was excitingly moving her (Y/E/C) eyes through the pages. Harry shut his eyes and took a deep breath. He slowly walked towards her and sat down where Hermione was sitting a few minutes ago. His heart was nearly out of his chest, since when did he become this excited while just simply talking to a girl? (since forever)

"I-erm... How come I have never seen you before?"

Y/N felt like she was out of breath. Of course she had been avoiding Harry, he was the last person she wanted get noticed by while he was actually the only reason she was going to Hogwarts. Her cheeks slowly went pink to red. She whispered to herself: "It's okay, he is just a person..."

"I'm sorry?" Harry asked curiously and got closer to her since he wasn't able to hear what she said.

"I-I..." Y/N closed her eyes and took a deep breath. When she opened them again, she saw Harry smiling, oh how adorable he was when he did that. "It's okay, I understand you are not much of a talker, maybe that's why I hadn't met you earlier?"

Y/N quickly nodded and she realized she had been smirking the whole time. Well, that was normal since every time she saw Harry, a smile was formed automatically on his face. "I'm sorry, I'm usually not this rude, I just got excited I guess, I don't know why," she chuckled making Harry's eyes glow up, he was feeling warm.