Big Time Demos (1.10)

(A/N: Song above is Halfway There, the song for this episode. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"I'm Mercedes Griffin, as in your boss' daughter," the blonde said as she sat in Gustavo's chair and he took off his glasses, Kelly's face falling as she turned to the first boy standing next to her.

"Go find Gwen and keep her away from here. She can't know that Mercedes is here. Go," she said in a hurried whisper to James before she pushed the confused boy out the door, only to see Gwen walking his way, staring at her phone as she held a folder, her laptop and some music sheets in her other hand.

"Oh, hey James. Is my dad in his office?" she asked as she saw him.

"No. Not at all. Gustavo's office is completely empty of Gustavo. No reason to go in there."

She furrowed her brows.

"OK? But I need to leave these music sheets in there," she explained as she went to walk past him, but he gripped her shoulders to keep her in place, spinning her so that her back was to Gustavo's office.

"NO! You can't go in there!"

"James, what is going on? Why can't I go in there?"

"Because...Because...."

Gwen only rolled her eyes, annoyed as she began to turn around only for James to grab her and gently pull her back before doing the only rational thing he could think of.

He kissed her.

The reality of what it was like to kiss James Diamond was so much more than Gwen's fantasy of it.

The reality of what it was like to kiss Gwendolyn Rocque was so much more than James' fantasy of it.

She was surprised at first and completely confused before she melted into it, eyes closing and hand settling on his chest and he held her face ever so gently.

Gwen couldn't even count the number of butterflies in her stomach at the moment as she kissed James. It felt as if time stopped, and her heart was trying to beat out of her chest in excitement.

"Well, well, well," came a voice from behind them and Gwen pulled away to see her father staring open-mouthed with his hands ready to tear out the little hair he had left. Kelly, along with the rest of the boys were just in shock, but the person that spoke didn't seem shocked at all as she held Kendall's shirt collar in her hands as she dragged the boy behind her. "If it isn't little Gwenny Rocque. You pack up your stuff ready to back to the trailer park when my daddy doesn't pick your band?" she taunted with a fake pout and Gwen's gaze could kill as she stood toe to toe with the Sharpay Evans wannabe, complete with the tiny dog in her pink purse.

"Even if Uncle Griff doesn't pick us, then all I have to do is bat my eyelashes and shed a few tears and he'll probably give me your room. And just so you know, I hate pink."

Mercedes huffed as she put her sunglasses on and held her head high.

"Let's go new boyfriend," she ordered as she grabbed Kendall's collar and dragged him out of the room.

"Why is she here?" Gwen asked almost angrily to her father and Kelly.

"Why were you kissing him?!" Gustavo asked in outrage, and Gwen couldn't decide if he was about to explode in rage or cry.

"Oh, please dad, it's not like he's the first boy I've kissed."

Gustavo then promptly fell to the floor.