Big Time Prom Kings (2.19)

(A/N: The song for this episode is Nothing Even Matters. And that's Gwen's dress as well. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

"Well, this should be interesting," Gustavo said as he, Kelly and Gwen walked out of Studio B to find the boys dressed in tuxes with bright coloured bows and big smiles on their faces.

Logan then hit play on a boom box on a table next to them as Kendall began to speak.

"All over the world this month, teens are participating in a rite of passage. And that passage is simply known as... prom."

Logan and Carlos then pulled out a blue and white corsage that they placed on Kelly's wrist and a blue rose pin that they put on Gustavo. While James presented a bouquet of blue and white roses to Gwen who laughed at his cute smile and accepted the flowers before the boys were back in line.

"The dance of all dances, where boys and girls come together in rented clothing and dresses that their parents are terrified to let them wear," Logan added.

"Mr Rocque, we have given you over a year of our lives to pursue popstardom," Carlos said poshly. "Now please don't let us give up the magical, magical night of dancing, smooching, and prime rib."

"The one night, where a simple boy from Minnesota," James began. "Can become a king, with a gorgeous Queen by his side," he said as he gestured to Gwen and bowed with a flourished hand.

"Now we beg of you, Gustavo Rocque. Will you give us the gift, of prom?" he asked, and they clasped their hands together as they waited for the verdict.

"Good speech," Gustavo admitted and the boys fist-bumped.

"The flowers were a nice touch," Gwen added.

"Aw, I remember my prom. And the boys and Gwen, deserve one too," Kelly said sternly to Gustavo. "And oh look, a letter opener," she said as she pointed the blade at him.

The boys were then a symphony of pleases as they scrunched up their cute faces and begged Gustavo.

"Fine! I'll pay for your prom," Gustavo relented and the boys cheered, Gwen and Kelly grinning.

And with that the boys ran from the studio, eager to tell the entire Palmwoods of the news.

Kelly then turned to Gwen with a frown. "Isn't James going to ask you to prom?"

"Yeah. But it's prom. He'll probably have something extravagant planned because all those boys are going to be competing for prom king."

"Well regardless, my daughter is going to be a queen, because I'm paying for it and I'll make it happen," Gustavo said as he threw his arm over Gwen's shoulders. "Go on. Take the rest of the day off to go find a dress."

"Thanks, Dad," Gwen said as she pecked his cheek, waved goodbye to Kelly and walked out.

"You're a good father," Kelly praised with a smile and Gustavo scoffed.

"I'm the best father. I have a mug," he boasted as he pulled out a mug that did indeed have the 'worlds' best father' printed on it.

"Now get me people to make a prom happen!"

And Gustavo stormed off to fill his mug as Kelly rolled her eyes.

******************************************************************

"Hi," Gwen said uncertainly as she opened her door to find James standing there in a white suit with a crown on his head.

"Hi," he grinned back.