family dinner

There was complete silence within the living room, the tension was heavy and nobody knew what to say. Skye's body shook as she tried to hold back her sobs but failed at doing such, her breathing was speeding up and she couldn't quite control herself.

"Skyler, don't say that. Jace is not dead." Her father told her trying to calm her down.

"Then why doesn't he pick up the phone, dad you know he will never do that and I just, I just-." Skye broke off as she dropped the phone and rushed upstairs not wanting anybody to see her like this.

"Skyler, Skyler?" Her father's voice came out through the phone.

Aiden picked up the phone as he looked at Skye go upstairs.

"She left to the room, she's pretty bad. Do you want me to do something Mr. Shawnfield?" Aiden asked him knowing that he would now do anything to make Skye feel better.

"Don't worry we'll be there in a few minutes, I'm not going to let my baby girl suffer this by herself." Skye's father said before he hanged up.

Aiden placed Skye's cell phone on the coffee table before he glanced up at his pack.

"I can't believe she reacted like that." Spencer murmured after a few seconds of dead silence.

"I guess that proves how much she loves and needs Jace." Aiden said in a hard tone.

"Please Aiden don't start, maybe Jace is just a friend of hers, you saw it yourself how she got today when she thought that you were hurt, she even accepted to be your Luna now, maybe Jace is just like her family, that's it they probably grew up together and that is why she loves him but for you that is not the case, she meet you weeks ago and now we are sure that she loves you to the point that she will stay here no matter what, what would the point of accepting to be your Luna would be if she didn't want to stay here with the pack, honestly that doesn't make any sense to me." Cyrus told him trying to make him feel better.

"Cyrus is right Aiden; we all can tell how much Skye loves you. I just think that she wasn't expecting all of this, the whole mate thing, that dude Nigel being back and now Jace being dead, that just caught her off guard. You just have to give her time." Spencer said as she looked at her brother.

"I should probably go and talk with her." Aiden started as he made his way upstairs.

"Don't," Spencer said as she interrupted him. "Just give her some space Aiden, right now she needs to be alone for a few minutes." Spencer told him.

Aiden nodded before he sat on the sofa and ran his fingers through his hair.

He just didn't know what to do now, with a war coming close, the vampires and now Skye having a breakdown this was not looking good at all.

***

"He is not dead, Jace is not dead." Skye repeated to herself over and over again as the tears streamed down her face.

But even Skye knew that she couldn't easily lie to herself like that, in order to know whenever or not he was well she needed to hear Jace's voice, for him to assure her that he was completely fine but the fact that he was not answering any of her calls did not helped at all, in a way this was a punishment for her, to feel the exact same way Jace had felt for the past days.

It was horrible and she regretted it with her whole existence.

"He is not dead." Skye said again with a sob.

Skye had changed into her purple pajamas, they were a bottom purple pants with a long sleeved shirt that had purple and black stripes, along with that she was holding her white teddy bear as childish as it had always sound Skye never went anywhere with it, Jace had given it to her when she was nine, whenever she felt alone or scared her bear Cotton balls was there for her or at least that was what Jace had told her over and over again throughout the years, the pajamas were also a present of Jace, she had gotten then last Christmas along with a very expensive guitar that Jace knew she wanted.