doubts

"Are you still going to bother me with all of this?" Malia said as she gave a sigh in exasperation.

"Why did you run away from me?" Tyler asked her, he still didn't seem to understand.

"I have nothing to explain to you, I don't owe you anything." Malia said snapping at him.

"You're my mate." Tyler said; that was reason enough.

"I'm not going to be the mate of some vampire!" Malia said furious spitting the words out.

"Why do you say it as if it was something horrible?" Tyler said as he looked at her; he didn't seem to understand her reasons.

"I have seen what your kind has done to humanity without even mentioning that Meghan and I are orphans thanks to the stun the bloodsuckers pulled on us sixteen years ago, who would be cruel enough to let three year old girls to their own luck." Malia said as she remembered that day that had changed her life forever.

"You know all vampires aren't like that." Tyler said as he got near her.

Malia placed her right hand on her left shoulder, half hugging herself awkwardly.

"Still vampires can't be trusted." Malia said softly as she looked to the ground.

Tyler gave a sigh.

"You're really wrong." Tyler said as he got near her, how could he change her mind?

Malia snorted.

"Yeah right, as if you could suddenly out of nowhere be trust-." Malia started to say but was cut off when Tyler smashed his lips against hers.

At first she caught off guard; then slowly she gave in returning the kiss. It was until Tyler wrapped his arms around her waist pulling their bodies closer that she realized what she was doing.

What the hell was she doing, was she really kissing a vampire? A killer, just like the one that had scarred her not long time ago, how could she scoop so low?

Malia placed her hand on his chest before she let the magic flow through her sending Tyler to the ground a few feet away from her.

"Next time you do that I'll make sure that it will be the last thing you'll do." Malia said warning him before she turned her heel and walked away.

"Well at least I can say that every time we touch, I see sparks fly." Tyler lamely joked as he got up, the pain in his chest still burning but it was starting to fade away.

Malia rolled her eyes and continue to walk; it was like her sister had warned her.

The only reason why a vampire like Tyler would want her was quite obvious; it was good that she had the heads up.

***

"I'm going to kill Tyler as soon as I see him." Meghan murmured under her breath as she ate her pancakes furiously.

"Please calm down Meg or you're going to choke on your pancakes." Skye said as she placed another one on Meghan's plate.

"The only person that is going to choke it Tyler, I'll make sure of that." Meghan said nearly snarling at her.

"You're not giving Tyler so much credit for himself; he is very nice once you get to know him." Skye said defending him; Tyler was not at all bad.

Meghan gave a scoff and rolled her eyes.

Of course here gullible Skye would always see the best in people when here Meghan would only see the worst.

"Everyone is nice when they're after something." Meghan said through her teeth, everyone was after their power.