brokenhearted

"What happened?" Aiden said as he looked at Skye.

She was in the hotel; Skye had run all the way here.

"Skye, what's wrong?" Aiden asked as he walked up to her cautiously.

Skye remained quiet and shook her head.

"It's nothing, Aiden just don't mind me." Skye said in a soft voice.

"How can I not mind it when my mate is clearly hurting, what happened Skye?" Aiden asked as he sat in the bed next to her.

"It was Emma." Spencer said as she entered inside the bedroom with them.

"What do you mean, did something bad happened to Emma?" Aiden asked worried, had they been attacked?

Spencer rolled her eyes.

"No, although I'm kind of wishing that right now, just something bad to make me feel better." Spencer said with a snarl.

"Spence, don't say that. It's not nice." Aiden said as he glared at her.

Spencer gave a scoff.

"I wonder how much your opinion would change if you knew that Emma is the reason why Skye is like this." Spencer said as she looked at him.

"Spence, don't." Skye started to say but Aiden stopped her.

"What happened?" Aiden asked as he looked at his sister.

"Emma yelled at Skye saying that all of you were going to die and it was all going to be Skye's fault." Spencer said; she really didn't want to enter into details now.

"And she's right." Skye said in a hoarse voice as she stopped crying.

"We all know that's not true, you see Skye not only will I fight Nigel off because he is after you but because he has already attacked my pack. Also, you are Jonathan's granddaughter so whenever or not you were my mate you are also part of this pack and we fight for this pack." Aiden told her as he hugged her.

Skye looked at him and nodded.

"I want to be there." Skye said in a low voice.

Aiden started at her.

"What?" He asked shocked, why would she want that?

"I want to be there and fight Nigel off; I want to be the one that gets rid of him." Skye said with determination.

Aiden shook his head.

"No, I can't let that happen. What if you get attacked by other vampires?" Aiden asked; he couldn't let that happen.

"I don't have my pheromones anymore, Oksana said that since you marked me and I marked you they disappeared, vampires can't still smell it but they don't feel the need to mate with me since I already share a bond with you." Skye said trying to convince him.

"It's going to be very dangerous, you can't be there." Aiden said as he shook his head.

"So I'll be better off in a complete different place from where you are; will you be okay, by knowing that I could be attacked where I am or that you could be attack, do you think I'll like that feeling, Aiden? It will kill us both." Skye said as she looked at him in the eyes.

There was no way that she would stand by and see how Nigel tried to kill her mate, Nigel was at the end of the day after her and no one else, he always wanted Skye and he wouldn't stop until he had her.

"She does have a point." Spencer piped; Skye had made a great point.

Aiden glared at his sister, right now wasn't the best moment for her to voice out her opinion.