TWENTY THREE

Charlie was furious and when she got this way there was usually heavy drinking involved

Charlie was furious and when she got this way there was usually heavy drinking involved. She made her way back to the darts game where Clint was.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Adams, I just need another drink," she responded. "Can I get a vodka soda?"

"Woah, let's calm down, you know how you get when you drink vodka. I thought you were more of a brown liquor kinda gal," Clint said.

"I am, but I'm feeling like getting drunk tonight." Charlie took the vodka soda from the bartender and sipped it.

"Char, you have been drinking bourbon, beer, tequila shots, and now vodka. Why don't you drink some water?" Clint offered her an ice cold bottle of water. "Take it."

Charlie pouted, "But you're buying the next round of shots."

"Alright, but you're drinking two water bottles if you want shots," Clint tried to reason.

Charlie downed the water bottle. "So why aren't you drinking tonight?"

"I'm just sticking to beer tonight. Not really in the mood to wake up with a hangover. Now, Ryan is shit faced. Did you try to drink him under the table?"

"I most definitely did. That man is a lightweight," she beamed with pride.

Clint laughed, "Well Charlie, not everyone can keep up with you. The only person who can truly keep up with you is Chase."

"Fuck yeah, oh I should definitely find him," Charlie said. "Thanks for the idea."

Clint shook his head. "Charlie, Chase is playing darts with Austin right now. I doubt he'd want to play some drinking game with you."

"You never know. Anyways I think I'll go over there and watch," Charlie said as she handed Clint the empty water bottle. "Thanks for the water."

With her vodka soda in hand Charlie made her way to the game of darts and out of the corner of her eye she spotted Derek Morgan and decided to have some fun.

"Hey handsome, where'd that dark and brooding boss go?" Charlie was furious with Aaron but she still wondered where he was.

"He's with your father and Mr. Blaney last I checked. Just let me know when you're ready to leave," Morgan said.

Charlie laughed, "Aaron told you to handle me didn't he? Fucking coward."

Before Morgan was able to inquire about what she was talking about Charlie had already made her way back to the darts board.

"Nice of you to join us again Charlie," Austin said. "'Maybe you'll prove to be a better opponent than Chase."

"Loser buys shots?"

Austin nodded. "Tequila?"

"Why Cindric, you act as if you don't know me. Do you want me to drink you under the table like I did with Ryan?"