ONE

Freedom is to music as cars are to people and in the case of Charlie Pierce cars and music were the very essence of what it meant to be free

Freedom is to music as cars are to people and in the case of Charlie Pierce cars and music were the very essence of what it meant to be free. She loved the adrenaline and the rush. The high she got as she sped on that race track was addicting.

Her first taste of it was when her father had taken her to her first race at the age of five. That moment was the earliest memory she had and the one with the most lasting impact. Mr. Pierce had been supportive every step of the way. From the moment she announced that she wanted to be a race car driver to her first race and eventually to the big leagues.

It was early in the morning, Charlie was on the race course as per usual when a chance encounter happened. She wore her helmet as Lorenzo, or Enzo for short, her coach, approached her with a group of people clad in suits.

"As I was saying I'm sure Charlie can help you with whatever you need," Enzo reassured them.

Her first instinct was to scan the crowd as she approached. There were six of them, four male and two female. Her eyes landed on the one talking to Enzo. He was a tall handsome, slightly older looking male who exuded confidence. If she had to guess she would say he worked for the government, law enforcement, maybe FBI.

As soon as she reached the group Charlie took off her helmet in one swift motion as her blonde waves cascaded down her shoulders. "What can I help you boys with," she asked with a smile. The look on the older man's face was everything to her. None of them had expected her to be a woman. All except an older Italian gentleman. She extended a hand to him. "Charlie Pierce, it's a pleasure to meet you."

The man accepted her handshake. "SSA Aaron Hotchner, the pleasure is all mine Ms. Pierce," he formally replied. "Allow me to introduce Agents Derek Morgan, David Rossi, Dr. Spencer Reid, Emily Prentiss, and Jennifer Jareau."

"What brings you to the track Agent? It's not every day the FBI graces us with their presence. I have a feeling it has to do with the last race I was in," Charlie said.

Agent Hotchner nodded, "It does Ms. Pierce. We believe someone is going after professionals in your field. A colleague of yours was found murdered in his own home last night. We believe you can help us."

Charlie tried to read his body language. Everything about him screamed alpha male. "On one condition." He opened his mouth to protest but she shut him up by tossing him her helmet. "You ride a couple of laps with me handsome."

She watched as the man before her was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Carefully he took off her blazer to reveal a form fitting button up shirt. "How can I refuse an offer like that Ms. Pierce."

Morgan smirked as he nudged Reid. "Do you know her race record?"

"Morgan you know I don't do sports," Reid stated.

Charlie looked over at Enzo and in Italian said, "Get this man a helmet."

"Are you going to switch cars?"