EIGHT

"Wooh weee, I'm stuffed," Clint said as the meal was done

"Wooh weee, I'm stuffed," Clint said as the meal was done. "Best barbeque in San Antonio."

"Where you headed after this," Charlie asked.

"Gonna hang with my folks before hitting the road tomorrow afternoon. You?"

"Staying the night here before making a straight drive to Phoenix."

"You're gonna put in some serious mileage tomorrow that's for sure. I'll probably split that drive with a stop or two for food."

"You have fun with Mexican food in El Paso. I, for one, will wait until California. Mmm the food trucks in SoCal."

"You only love Fontana because it's in California," Clint chuckled.

"I'm a foodie. Sue me."

"Well as much as I'd love to stay and chat some more I have to say my goodbyes," Clint said as he took out his wallet.

Aaron protested, "Our treat."

Clint shook his head. "It's on me. Gotta show you some good ol' fashioned hospitality. Just promise me a good race and that you'll be watching."

"Will do Fire Started," Charlie replied as they gave each other fist bumps. "Take care."

Aaron decided that if he couldn't pay the bill then he at least could leave a tip. "Shall we go check into a hotel," he asked.

"Mhmm. After that meal I just want to slip into a food coma for an hour or two."

"Sounds like a plan."

And that's exactly what they did. They got a room at a hotel and napped for a good few hours. It was dark out when Aaron woke up. Charlie was still fast asleep so Aaron took the opportunity to call Rossi from the balcony. He didn't want to wake Charlie or for her to overhear.

"What's new?"

"We ran into Clint Adams."

"Douchebag?"

"Pretty decent guy who can be a douchebag occasionally. Charlie and him prank each other by the sound of things. I'm thinking that our unsub doesn't know her personally. If he did then they would know that Clint and Charlie are friends but argue in public."

"Any more names for the list?"

"Friend wise the names Hamlin, Logano, and Harvick came up. Hamlin rides for Ford, Logano for Mustang, and Hamlin is on the same team as her."

"Charlie rides for Toyota correct?"

"Exactly."

"The unsub has to be either a die-hard fan or one of the low ranking staff."

"Dave, if our unsub is in a delusional fantasy about Charlie then he will escalate when he sees me with her."

"And we'll be ready for that. Morgan just made sure security was set up in the house you're staying in. I also talked to Enzo and the coach."