THIRTEEN

" And Pierce in number 6 is neck and neck with Harvick in number 4

" And Pierce in number 6 is neck and neck with Harvick in number 4. Behind them is Truex Jr. trailed by Hamlin, Busch, and Adams. The gap between the front runners and the middle section is getting smaller."

"That it is. Looks like Logano tried to make a pass and-Oh that has got to be the biggest wreck of the season."

"You can see in the replay as the front pack narrowly escaped the wreckage as the caution flag is up."

"You know Jim I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that to a red flag given the size of the wreck. But one thing is for certain. Joey Logano and Chase Elliot are out of the race."

~~~~~~~~~

Charlie tried to calm her breathing as the spotters talked about the wreck behind her. She and Harvick had gotten clean through but the next few had been very close to the wreck. Once the caution was out they prepared for a restart. She kept her ears open for any talk about which drivers were out for the race. One thing was for certain, she was going to watch that replay after the race was over.

"First red flag of the season," Enzo told her over the radio.

"How many involved?"

"I'd say about 50% of the cars. Some had to swerve in order to avoid crashing."

"How are our boys?"

"Truex Jr is right behind you. Hamlin got caught up in the crash. Took some damage on his front right tire."

"Is he out?"

"Nothing a little tape can't fix. He escaped the brunt of it."

"Who started it?"

"Aric Almirola. He tried to pass Blaney but got caught in a down burst. Took down a lot of people in the wreck."

While Charlie waited for the restart to happen the team of the BAU were in position. JJ and Prentiss were in the stands while Rossi and Morgan watched from the sidelines. Aaron was with the crew. He had seen just how close Charlie had been from getting caught up in the wreck. A collision at that speed could be deadly and maybe he wasn't prepared for this. There was no way his heart could take it. She put her life on the line for her job.

Then it hit him. It was exactly like him. Every case he took was a danger. He never knew what the implications were. Yet he kept doing it. It would be hypocritical if he judged her work when his had equal amount of danger.

Aaron continued to spectate. It seemed like this race would last three or four hours and he was getting a bit bored. The only redeeming factor was listening to Charlie talk with the crew over the scanner. His phone buzzed and he JJ had texted him.