FIFTEEN

Aaron drove Charlie to the race track where the team was waiting for her

Aaron drove Charlie to the race track where the team was waiting for her. Her car was waiting for her on the track. "And she has finally arrived," Martin exclaimed. "Where have you been?"

"I needed some air and a break," she replied as she gave Hamlin a look.

"Are you ready for the interview," Martin asked her.

Charlie nodded, "I took a nap so I should be fine for now. Are we wearing our track suits again?"

Denny nodded, "They should be in the car. I'm sure they've been freshly dry cleaned."

"Toss me the keys. I'm driving," she told them.

No one questioned her authority as Denny tossed her the keys and Martin pointed her to the car they were taking. Charlie knew her way around Las Vegas which meant it wasn't long before they arrived. She knew that JJ and Morgan would be watching them. There was some reassurance in this fact but when it came down to it she was still a bit worried. Aaron has explained to her their plan and she had her full trust in him.

Once they arrived they were ushered into hair and makeup. Charlie found it hilarious that Martin and Denny we're both wearing makeup. The women were all over them while she leisurely relaxed as someone styled her hair. Charlie didn't like to go all out and the media knew that. It always resulted in the guys taking longer than her to get ready which was hilarious.

Charlie found JJ who was her assistant for cove story purposes. "What were you doing with Hotch earlier," JJ asked.

"Needed some space and a place to nap," she replied. "Plus I kinda just wanted to see Enzo panic when he realized I had run off yet again."

JJ replied, "Please don't run off on me. Hotch would murder me if I lost you."

Charlie laughed, "Oh I won't, but I am setting you up on a date with Denny."

JJ gave her a look. "I thought you didn't like him?"

"I don't want him pestering me for a date," Charlie corrected. "Meaning that if I set him up with another beautiful blonde he might finally leave me alone."

"That, that is actually really smart," JJ stated.

"I know. And who knows? Maybe he'll take you out to dinner at five star restaurants and buy you nice things." Charlie wasn't in the mood to discuss his dating preferences and ideal dates.

"Why don't you like him?"

"I don't date competitors. I would date their siblings but not them. Makes things too personal. I can just imagine the arguments and the fighting and the drama. No thank you. I'd rather keep my sanity. Denny is a good guy, but he's not for me."

Charlie wasn't lying when she said that he was a nice guy. He was an overall nice guy, but he had his moments on the track where she wanted to punch him in the face.