𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

A blissful smile was etched on Megumi's face while he was hugging Nozomi. It quickly dropped after seeing Hinata.

He suddenly pushed Nozomi behind him before clasping his hands together. Before anyone could register what's happening, a large python appeared in front of the boys.

"H-HUH?! W-WAIT, WHAT DID I D-DO?!" Hinata trembled as the shikigami hissed at his figure.

The other boys were still frozen in their place. Orochi slithered its huge body around them, trapping them in the middle.

Nozomi's brows rose in surprise as Orochi was ready to trample on them. On a whim, she ran to the boys before clasping her hands together.

"NUE!" 

Orochi's head slammed against Nue's wings as he shielded the boys from the upcoming impact. She gritted her teeth in pain as she clutched her left shoulder.

"Megumi, what are you doing?" she asked, seeing him with an agitated look.

"Nozomi, move. Why are you protecting them?" he asked with little to no emotion. "You're just gonna get yourself in trouble."

Her eyes narrowed in confusion. She turned to the boys, who were frozen in fear.

"Go ahead without me. I need to talk to him."

The crows sighed in relief after Orochi was dispelled. It was honestly a terrifying feeling as they were almost squashed to death.

But for what reason? And why was he targeting Hinata?

"Are you sure? Won't he hurt you?" Sugawara asked with a worried expression. He was wary of Megumi despite him being Nozomi's brother.

"He wouldn't do that," she assured before turning to her brother.

Megumi's mouth was slacked open as he examined Nozomi's markings. He couldn't believe that she managed to manifest one of the untold techniques of the Zenin clan.

"Megs, what's taking you so long?" A new voice came into existence. 

Everyone turned to see a tall muscular man wearing all-black clothing. He had mid-length black hair. His prominent feature was a large scar on the edge of his lips.

What stood out the most was the dangerous aura coming off from the new guy. One glance, and you can say that he's someone you shouldn't mess with.

His sharp green eyes scanned the situation before it locked on Nozomi.

"Aren't you gonna give your father a hug?" A smirk appeared on his lips, seeing his youngest with a confused expression.

"Father?" she whispered in disbelief.

She turned to her brother, who was looking at the ground with a scowl on his face.

"You were with him for the past few years?!" Nozomi asked with an enraged expression to Megumi.

"Hmm, who are these boys?" The older Fushiguro shifted his attention to the boys, who stiffened in their places. 

They couldn't move even after Nozomi told them to leave her.

"Fushiguro Toji. Those brats are my kids if it isn't obvious." Toji introduced himself while sporting a cold look.

The crows nervously laughed as they slowly inched away from the scene.