Drinking

"Hello?" I answered my phone, immediately pulling it slightly away from my ear, the noise being much too loud.

"Hey, (y/n)!" Shawn shouted back over the sounds of loud music and screaming people surrounding him.

He was out drinking again. Recently, Shawn has been coming home drunk almost every night. I can't imagine what else he's been doing while he is out, and tonight, I planned on leaving him.

"Shawn, you need to come home. Now," I responded angrily.

"W-Why, baby? I'm having so much fun!" He slurred drunkenly, a small giggle following his statement.

"Shawn, you either come home now, or don't come home at all," I retorted as he let out a small whimper before agreeing.

He hadn't said yes or no, but, simply hung up, my phone falling onto the couch with a soft thud as I sank my body further into the couch, taking a sip from my glass of water.

Around fifteen minutes later there was a soft knock at the door, a part of me was hoping that it wasn't Shawn, and the other part wishing so badly that he would love me enough to come home.

Pushing myself off the cream colored, leather seat, I sauntered to the front door, my shaking fingertips wrapping around the cold metal of the knob before slowly swinging it open, only to come face-to-face with a puffy, red eyed Shawn.

"H-Hi, (y/n)," he uttered, my lips forming a thin line as he stepped into the house.

"Hi, Shawn," I whispered, turning around and heading back to my room, his frail body following close behind.

"W-Wait," he stopped me as I reached the entrance of the bedroom, "Can w-we talk?" He stuttered, twiddling his thumbs.

I nodded, his trembling hand reaching out and taking ahold of mine as he lead me towards the bed, gently pulling me down, tears immediately falling from his eyes.

"I-I only went out d-drinking because I knew I would m-miss you when I went back on t-tour," He cried, soft hiccups leaving his chapped lips every so often.

"What?" My eyes widened at his reasoning, my heart beating faster.

His hand moved up towards the stream of tears falling from his heavy eyes, sniffling, "It's just that, the thought of leaving you makes me so upset and stressed out."

I let out a soft sigh, watching him once again take my hands in his, his calloused thumbs tracing small circles on my skin.

"Drinking seems like the way to just r-rid my mind of the thoughts," he shook his head as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"Shawn, you could've just talked to me about this. Drinking is not the solution, baby," I kissed his head, his warm breath brushed along my neck as he rested his cheek on my shoulder.

"I know, I just, I didn't want to worry you or anything," he mumbled, my hands running along his arms.

I couldn't leave Shawn. Especially knowing that him leaving me for a while, to live his dream, makes him so upset.

"Did you ever, you know, do anything with another girl?" I asked him nervously as he picked his head up, stunned by the question.

"No! No, no, never. I love you too much to hurt you like that," he shook his head quickly, kissing the back of my hands, "I would never even think about doing that!" He exclaimed, moving closer to me.

I gave him a soft smile as he hugged me tight, my eyes gently shutting while I breathed in his warm scent, one I had missed earlier tonight.

Laying my head against his chest, I smiled to myself, his fingertips stroking my back while I relaxed in his arms.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, shaking his head, "I never meant to scare you, I promise- "

"I love you," I cut him off, the words spilling from my mouth before I could stop them, my heart racing as the room fell silent, Shawn's breathing sped up, neither of us having said those three special words to each other yet.

He pulled away slightly, his fingertips moving down to meet mine, "What?"

"I love you, Shawn," I repeated, his pale, pink lips curving upwards as he perceived me in the dim light of the bedroom during this late hour.

He pulled me closer to him, my face buried into his chest as he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too."

_________________________
I edited this one, like, a lot, and i'm actually really proud of it.

-Rebecca