Tea Party

Shawn's POV

I felt a small tug on my shirt as I walked through the front door, taking off my tie and tossing it on the couch.

"Hi, pumpkin," I cooed, picking up my four year old daughter, peppering her face with kisses and spinning her around before setting her back down on the floor.

"Daddy, can you have a tea party with me?" She asked sweetly, as I bit my lip, sighing.

"Not now, baby, daddy's tired," I mumbled, kneeling down in front of her as she looked down sadly, rubbing her hands against her eyes.

"Tomorrow, I promise," I took her hands in mine, "please don't cry, princess, I promise, tomorrow we can play together."

"O-Okay," she whispered, pushing her hair behind her ear as she slowly walked towards her bedroom, closing the door behind her loudly.

I sighed, plopping down on the couch and running a hand through my hair as (y/n) walked up behind me, gently rubbing my back.

"Everything okay, sweetie?" She kissed the top of my head before sitting down next to me, resting her hand on my chest.

"She wants to have a tea party, hun," I shook my head, "I'm just tired but now I feel horrible. She cried and slammed the door and-"

"Shh, baby, it's okay," she kissed my jawline as I relaxed into the couch.

"You know what? I'll be back," I pushed myself off the couch, and heading into the kitchen, grabbing a kettle and making some tea.

I grabbed the kettle after it was done and headed back to my daughter's room, knocking gently on the door.

"Baby girl? It's daddy. Can you open the door?" I called quietly, waiting for a few moments before she opened the door, her eyes red and puffy, tear stains along her cheek.

I pushed the door open a bit more to see her little table set up, teddy bears and princess dolls seated around the table, empty tea cups and plates in front of each guest. Two empty seats were left.

"Am I too late for the tea party?" I asked, holding up the kettle as she shook her head.

"Y-You can s-sit here," she whispered, pulling out the chair before sitting back in her own.

I set the kettle down on the table before fitting into the small seat, watching as she giggled at my facial expressions.

"Some tea, my princess?" I asked, taking her small tea cup and pouring a bit in as she giggled, grabbing the sugar and accidentally dumping in a little too much.

"Oops," she covered her mouth with her hands, "oh, teddy and cinderella need tea too, daddy."

I chuckled, pouring some tea into the rest of the cups as she walked over to me, her little hands resting on my thigh.

Setting the kettle down, I picked her up and set her on my lap, "I'm sorry for earlier, baby, daddy didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

"I know," she nodded, wrapping her hands around my neck, her head resting against my chest as I rubbed her back soothingly.

"I love you so much, my little princess, you know that right?" I asked, kissing the top of her head as she giggled and nodded.

"I love you too, daddy."

__________________________
this was cuter in my head ew bye

-Rebecca

p.s. - thanks for your guys' nice comments. i love you all...