Busy

A/N: This imagine is for the birthday girl, @unicornlily123. Hope you like it and I hope you have the best birthday ever, love! Xoxo

"Hey Shawn." I called, shutting the front door.

"Hey." He replied, glaring at me as he continued walking down the hall.

"Uh, are you okay?" I asked, taking off my shoes and setting down my keys.

"Yeah, perfectly fine." He lied.

I rolled my eyes at his failed attempt to get away from me.

"Shawn, what's wrong? I just got home and you're already mad. Can't we just talk?"

He walked closer to me and grabbed my wrist, pulling me to the couch.

"You wanna talk? Fine, let's talk."

I sat down beside him on the couch as he began to explain why he was so upset.

"We never get to spend any time together because you're always busy! Why can't you just make time for me!" He yelled, getting out of his seat and standing up.

"Shawn, baby please calm down." I stood up, laying my hand on his chest.

"No! It's like you don't even care about our relationship anymore!" He screamed, pushing my hand off his chest.

I let out a soft sigh as I felt a huge weight pressed onto my body.

Did he really think I didn't care?

"Shawn-"

"Just forget it, Lily. I can't do this." He stormed off to the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

I quickly followed, quietly opening the door as he paced around the room angrily.

His eyes darkened from anger as he looked at me.

"Shawn, let me explain. Please?"

He rolled his eyes and kept silent, as I used this chance to tell him what I wanted to say.

"Baby, I really love you. I do care about our relationship, more than anything." I said softly, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"But how come we never go on dates like we used to? Or cuddle and watch movies like we used to?" He asked softly, his voice cracking at the end as sadness replaced his anger.

"It's just that, as I'm getting older, my responsibilities grow bigger. I'm sorry we can't just be teenagers hanging around all day together. Although I wish we could, it's nearly impossible." I whispered, shutting my eyes as I felt a tear slip down my cheek.

Shawn wiped my tear away lightly with the pad of his thumb.

"But I can promise you one thing," I spoke, taking in a deep breath, "I will always love and care about you, no matter how busy I get. I promise we'll spend more time together."

He pulled away to look at me as I gazed into his caramel colored eyes, the inky black color faded away.

"So, can we cuddle now?" He asked, pouting lightly.

"Of course."

_________________________
Thanks for reading! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY! Love all of you❤️

-Rebecca