Chapter 8 - Imperial Nightfall Allied School

Rassii's enthusiasm faded when they arrived at Shadowy Mountain, not far from the Nearwoods

Rassii's enthusiasm faded when they arrived at Shadowy Mountain, not far from the Nearwoods. It's desolate and bleak, where a beast from darkness would likely live, thrive, and make a nest.

The carriage slid into a huge crevice. She could see water streaming down the basaltic walls and raining into massive, thorny, overgrown vines that overwhelmed the narrow opening, leaving no space on either side.

"Wait, there's no path. Why are we heading straight?" Rassii said in panic.

"Are you a wild beast caught in a cage who doesn't know how to sit still?"

"What are you saying? We are going to crash!"

"Look." Alexandri said calmly.

Rassii's mouth fell as she saw the vines abruptly shift and wriggle, forming an arch entrance and unveiling the concealed, spectacular Gothic-style edifice.

She had no idea that school was hidden behind the mountain walls, and to her surprise, the school looked to be long abandoned and almost forgotten by time.

They stepped out of the carriage, only to be met by the unpleasant smell of a dead carcass. She hastily covered her nose with her hand, but surprisingly, the stench didn't seem to bother Alexandria as she walked straight to the building.

Huh? A royalty doesn't mind the smell of dead?

Rassii followed Alexandria's footsteps dejectedly in a long, empty corridor. It was beyond what she expected. She imagined a place full of commotion and vitality where all royalty from every clan gathered to study.

However, the school was very gloomy and solitary. Rooms are uninhabited. Dead leaves are scattered all around. Leafless creepers sneak around the walls and pillars.

This is most likely a deserted fortress, similar to the underground world, where all slaves were chained and imprisoned in dungeons.

Rassii stopped. Some images of her past flashing in her head.

Why do I keep thinking about it?

"Where are they? Rassii said blankly.

"They?" Alexandria turned to her, confused.

Rassii looked out the window. "I have never seen anyone around."

"We are the only bearers in this school."

Rassi turned to look at Alexandria. "What do you mean by bearer?"

"A ring bearer? They are chosen nobles from different clans from eight realms who possess incredible abilities and carry a power among the individuals in the form of a ring."

Alexandria shows her right hand. Five black rings glittered on her fingers. The rings are somewhat like markings in ethereal form.

"They are beings that stood behind the Kings. They fight against the creatures who seek to consume the truth and destroy the world."