Chapter 12- Bad Omen

In the royal chamber of the white palace, Rim Xyxia Euryn, the Supreme King, stood by a high window overlooking the gradeur of Celestial Monarch Allied School

The moon's ethereal light spilled through the tainted glass, casting an enigmatic glow upon the neatly filed documents before him. Among these documents lay the open files of a bearer.

"Rassii Vé Drusvenaire..." He said, looking at the document. Memories of her audacious, untamed eyes flashed through his mind—eyes that could lock onto his without faltering, unswayed by fear or deference.

A lowly bearer without any rank, yet bold enough to meet his gaze directly without succumbing to weakness...

"Did you find something else?"

A mysterious hooded figure with a golden mask appeared from nowhere. It kneels before the Supreme King.

The hooded figure spoke in hushed tones, revealing the information he had unearthed about Rassii. "It seems she has no ties to any of the recognized clans of the underworld. Neither is she from the prestigious realms of Elysium or Eldesttown of Hybergus. Furthermore, there is no record of her being a scholar of Rooting Fields or the Valley of Diretombs, your majesty."

The figure took a mysterious record from his sleeve and presented it to the Supreme King. "It may not be a mere coincidence that she appeared at the academy on the very day of the Dark King's arrival."

"Hmm," Rim Xyxia mused, his interest growing. He closed the file with a thoughtful expression. "Go and delve deeper into her background. I want to know more about this enigmatic bearer."

"As you wish, your majesty," the mysterious person replied with deference, and just as mysteriously as he had arrived, he vanished into the light once more.

King Daven was also intrigued by the current situation. No one is worth catching the Kings' attentions, yet someone has managed to do so.

After the mysterious person dissapeared, the white Butler and servants entered the Light King's chamber, serving gourmet food for the early eaning-suffer. A customary feast for kings before the grand celebration held for the new awaken bearers.

"But before anything else, let us enjoy the early Eaning-suffer." King Rim Xyxia put the files on the table before he sat down facing the Kings.

The butler brewed a pot of tea himself. The tea was made of top-grade roasted Arpium flowers from Iddlewoods. As it was hit by hot water, it grew and bloomed, making the teapot look like a beautiful planter. Its rich and sweet aroma filled the room.

The Butler gently served the tea on the table. King Daven picked up his cup and savored the fragrance. "I wasn't expecting this, but things are getting interesting now."

The kings were aware that rumors about Rassii had spread throughout the academy like wildfire. However, only the Kings and the Royal keeper knew the partial truth about the existence of the Cadaverous Ring.

King Daven, sitting back and leisurely sipping his tea, turned to King Rim Xyxia and asked curiously, "How is she able to wield the power of a King's fire and yet possess a single ring?".

"A Cadaverous ring..." King Rim Xyxia responded with emphasis. "It's a ring that has no affiliation with any of the eight realms. It's a Kingless ring, disregarding and bending every rule. The one who possesses it owes allegiance to no King unless the Bearer willingly chooses whom she swears to serve."

"But beyond that, it remains shrouded in mystery," King Wilhelm concluded. "It was inscribed solely by the purest blood, in an ancient testament penned by the Eldest King of the past. A Bearer may exist or may not, possesses cadaverous rings, is anomalous, and is kingless, but Eternals must acknowledge it as a Ring bearer. Now that I think about it, it appears more like a will of the Eldest King."

"Perhaps, he predicted the emergence of such a Bearer." King Russ said amusedly as he gently placed his tea on the table.

"I still can't fathom the existence of this Bearer," King Errich mused.

Truly, the Bearer's presence remains an enigma. All life exists as a link to all creation that is governed by Eternal kings. So why does such a bearer have a kingless ring?

"She is someone we need to keep an eye." declared King Daven.

"It seems the Dark King hasn't lost his old habit," King Alric said while his hands were busy playing with the hellcore, a rare trick box from hell's gate. "I wonder what the Dark King is scheming this time."

King Rim Xyxia glanced at King Vexus. "Where is the Dark King?"

"He was still bound at Rhyesliëa," King Vexus replied.

It reminds them that there is a more pressing issue they must address at this moment.

"After we dealt with a huge rift in the world of Angris, another rift from Rhyesliëa appeared in just a few moons. The rift in Angris still wasn't even fully closed," King Vexus said with rising concern. "Uncertainties and nonexistence rose once more from the void. They grow too early from one to another."

"We have seen it. Our Supreme King slew the Ercondradie. A singularity exists in Angris. It will soon be closed." King Alric replied with assurance to King Vexus.

"Have you sent your Royal Knights?" King Rim Xyxia asked, looking at King Alric and to the other kings.

"It is just a small rift that even a Garfagus child can handle such a thing," King Alric said, unconcerned.

King Rim Xyxia's eyes narrowed. "Garfagus, the child of Mount Ent, has a thousand underlings. Our Dark king has none."

King Alric stopped solving the mechanical puzzle and looked up at King Rim Xyxia. "I gave him the full hand of my bearers."

"There's nothing to worry about. I and King Vexus sent my Royal Knights as well as a few of my personages," King Daven said.

King Wilhelm frowned. "Then there is no problem closing the small rift. But why was he not still here?"

King Alric put the hellcore on the table. The box rotates with multiple clicks, then unlocks itself by turning each of the four sides one by one and stopping. A single final click, and the box spread open.

A dark cloud shot out from the box, and a single stone fell from it. King Rim Xyxia turned and frowned as he saw the stone. The stone glinted in the light, and its color slowly changed into obsidian.

King Wilhelm grabbed the stone and turned to the Supreme King with rising concern. "It's an Ivorcon stone."

"A bad omen," King Alric muttered.