Chapter 3 - The Slave

"I

"I... am... dead?" The question echoed in her mind, while a symphony of conflicting sensations enveloping her. A cold tendrils of uncertainty coiled around her, yet warmth seeped into her very core.

Her eyes fluttered open, revealing a world refracted through the undulating surface of water. Panic surged within her chest and she bolted out from the pool and drew a huge breath. She sat down and laid her back against the wall, coughing.

"Looks like I'm not dead yet..."

She suddenly felt a splitting headache, followed by sudden flashes of images from her memories.

She hugged herself as her body trembled as the flood of recollections revealed the horrifying truth. The scene kept replaying in her mind. The sounds of her tearing flesh and cracking noises kept ringing in her ears.

She clenched her hands and bit her lip. She remembers everything now.

She had endured countless stabbings, the pain almost indescribable as if her very organs were being violently ripped out. The memories of her broken body came rushing back—the sickening sounds of a metal bat relentlessly breaking her limbs, leaving her bones shattered.

The relentless torment played over and over, an endless loop that seemed to have no respite...

What a disgusting thing! That is such a dreadful memory!

Of course, she'd been betrayed by someone she trusted.

Why did she think she could trust him?

The person who sold her was the one who treated her with kindness despite the hate she received from others.

Once she finally allowed herself to be vulnerable, her fate took a dark turn. She fell victim to human trafficking and was mercilessly sold into the underground world as a sex slave. However, her tragic past had left her with devastating scars, making her the target of cruel judgments as people labeled her a monster.

How such a heinous faith keeps repeating itself?

Every day, she endured severe beatings simply because she couldn't be exploited for carnal favors. She was utterly unwanted, and anyone who looked at her twisted their faces in disgust, as though they had encountered a hideous beast.

However, the day still come when they decide to use her body.

Not for men,

But what about her organs?

I felt completely helpless at the time. Perhaps it is better to die than live like this. Perhaps death is synonymous with freedom.

Nobody ever imagined that her feeble physique would save her.

I never thought I'd be thankful for having this kind of body.

Due to the severe damage caused by daily beatings and malnutrition, her organs are unfit for extraction and sale. The doctor informed her that she is in a critical condition, with only a few years left to live.