Chapter 14 - The Two Converging Rifts

The door swung open, and with great haste, a Novice from the Grand Continent Allied School stepped inside, bowing respectfully before the assembled Kings

"Your majesties," the Novice began, "we have received word from our Personage that another rift has emerged in the world of Rhyesliëa."

As the Novice delivered the news, the Kings exchanged glances, and a sense of urgency filled the room.

"Two Rifts?" King Vexus asked in utter disbelief. The simultaneous appearance of two rifts was far from ordinary.

With a deep breath, the Novice replied, "Yes, your majesty. But the rifts in Rhyesliëa bear no resemblance to the previous ones we encountered in the world of Angris."

King Vexus was responsible for the world of Rhyesliëa as it fell within his domain. However, the Dark King had presented himself to the Supreme King, offering to close the rift as a favor.

The Dark King felt compelled to fulfill an obligation he had neglected during his long absence. Since it was just a small rift, there is no need for two kings appearances. King Vexus chose to send his Warlord and Royal Knights to assist the Dark King. Unfortunately, their decision seemed unwise, given the mysterious appearance of two rifts at this moment.

"After the Dark King killed the Bashmuth," The novice continued, "A massive rift emerged. It is bigger than the rift of Angris, your majesties."

"A Bashmuth?" King Daven furrowed his brow and set down his tea. "How's the Dark King?"

"He is currently engaged in a battle against the twin Singularities, the Baramuth, your majesties."

King Vexus tightened his grip, causing his knuckles to turn white. "Twin Baramuth, you say? How is this possible?"

"It is quite peculiar for a Bashmuth to manifest through a small rift," King Wilhelm contemplated. "And now, to have a twin Baramuth emerge after the demise of one sub-higher singularity, it raises many questions."

"Just as we fear, the void seems precariously active," remarked King Daven, casting a perturbed glance at the Supreme King. "There must be some force stirring within, leading to these anomalies."

"Summon the Warlords," King Rim Xyxia demanded of his Royal Knight. "We will send the largest fleet."

Beneath the God's Tower rests a vast harbor, where majestic ships glide gracefully upon a current of energy, shimmering with prismatic hues, akin to astral matter, that illuminate the surrounding void.

This radiant flow symbolizes the interconnections between worlds, coming together in what is known as the CREATION—an enigmatic nebula entwined in a mysterious string of cosmic currents. The pathway traversed by this astral matter is revered as TRUTH.

In all their grandeur and majestic armor, the kings embarked on their vessel alongside with their Warlords, Royal Knights, and Bearers. The ships sailed following the cosmic current and crossed dimensions through the time-space rift. The ships follow the Truth of the world of Rhyesliëa.

Inside the King's vessel, the monarchs gathered around, looking at the holographic map of Rhyesliëa, projected onto the table.

"A rift started to emerge at the Northern border, in a remote region far from inhabited areas," King Vexus explained, zooming in on the marked location. "Then another rift emerged at the East. The two rifts converged and formed a huge rift that stretches far towards the south."

King Wilhelm chimed in, noting, "The epicenter would be at the converging axis of the two rifts."

King Russ turned to King Wilhelm and added, "It might be the same at Angris. A sudden appearance of a higher-class singularity."

King Errich pointed to the remaining unmarked area on the map, saying, "The west was the only remaining land."

King Alric drew a line on the map to signify the ongoing movement of the mysterious forces, stating, "At this moment, they are already advancing towards the West."

The ships stop sailing as the flow ends into the lights of pillars. The Kings, followed by their Bearers, jumped into the blinding light, sending themselves down to Rhyesliëa.

"The Gods have arrived!" Yelled the Resliëan warriors with eyes above, staring at the rows of lights piercing the dark clouds and forming a portal, an ethereal gate.

From above, each King falls and lands with a thunderous thud on different borders of Rhyesliëa. The kings look towards the huge, ominous rift spreading across under the red-streaked sky, emanating an eerie aura that gradually transforms the once-beautiful landscape of Rhyesliëa into a desolate wasteland.

"How's this possible?" King Russ uttered in disbelief. He was dropped together with his bearer at the far east side of the border. It was bigger than they anticipated.

"The size of the rift was enough to distort the Truth of the world of Rhyesliëa." King Errich said telepathically to the kings from the southern border. "If it is not close in time, the link of this world will break, sending the flows into the void."

A shock wave shuddered the surface of the land. Afar in the distance, the King of Darkness, Hourii, was fighting the Baramuth, while the bearers and Northern Resliëan warriors were fighting the hordes of quirks.

The battle had already begun in the north before the king's arrival. Thousands of quirks crawl over the surface of the rift. Hilliupads, a flying creature of the void, are flying over the mundane.

King Hourii buried his death scythe into the massive, grotesque creature, but it was blasted to the ground by the Hilliupad flying low overhead at a great speed. Baramuth lunges forward to return a deadly blow to the Dark King.

Double explosion!

The fire blaze enveloped the Baramuth. Baramuth bellowed in pain. A figure looms out from the fire and steps out. King of Infernal, Alric stands before King Hourii.

"Why do you find it necessary to kiss the ground?" King Eric inquired, looking at King Hourii with a playful grin. "It's rather peculiar that you choose to make the dirt your first attendant by fixing your gaze upon it."

"You're late."

"No, it's merely the impeccably timed moment for my breathtaking entrance,"

"Thanks for that."

"You appear utterly miserable," Taunted by the Fire King.

"I shall consider that as a compliment," replied King Hourii, his demeanor turning serious. "Something seems awry with this rift."

"That's precisely my belief as well," King Alric remarked as he gazed at the rift.

"The Baramuth wasn't responsible for causing the rift. I've already taken down one, just as I did with the Bashmuth before, but the rift's expansion shows no sign of abating."

"The Singularity causing the rift was concealing itself," the Light King replied telepathically to the kings from the epicenter of the Rift.

The ground suddenly quivers as a rumbling noise echoes down the rift. The Bearers and the Resliëan warriors look aghast at the sight of hordes of quirks and hilliupads crawling out from the rift towards all the boarders, followed by another appearance of Bashmuth and Baramuth.

In response to the imminent threat, the kings raise their right hands, and luminous symbols manifest in their palms. From the signs, a summoning circle appeared above the sky, and a huge mystic creature burst out of the circle. The Familiars of the Kings-Eight Cardinal Beasts.