Chapter 11 - Cadaverous Ring

The building was overwhelmed with vibrant energy and the sound of liveliness as students from various schools took their seats

The building was overwhelmed with vibrant energy and the sound of liveliness as students from various schools took their seats. Anticipation hung in the air, fueled by the rare occasion of the Sacraflamus rite, which occurred once every century to awaken the chosen Bearers.

It was a momentous event that also determined their rankings, making it even more thrilling for the students to witness the unveiling of the new bearers' strength and abilities.

However, amidst the sea of enthusiasm, Rassii stood apart. Her world seemed to shrink, and her senses tuned into the thunderous beats of her own heart reverberating in her chest. Her hands felt like ice, and each step she took felt burdened, as though the weight of the entire world was pulling her down.

"Are you okay?" Lisbeth asked. Her expression somehow shows genuine concern.

"Yea-yeah, I'm okay." Rassii replied with a shuddering voice.

Ernouf placed his hands on her shoulders and smiled, but clearly, Rassii flinched at his sudden action. Before she could say anything, Ernouf pushed her shoulders backward to help her straighten and correct her posture.

He was so close that she could smell and feel his warm, fresh breath on her cheek. These made her feel the prickly heat spreading across her face.

"Just breathe... Everything will be fine, human..." Ernouf whispered to Rassii before he let go.

"Let's go. We have no time for this." Quint snapped, seeing the incoming bearers from each school slowly lined up in the middle of the grand auditorium.

Looking around carefully, Rassii watched each tier filled with students. But one thing caught her attention. The last corner harbored lots of rows of empty seats. From that lonely tier, she noticed Alexandria sitting alone.

So those must be the seats of Imperial Nightfall...

The four of them were wearing a stunning, regal black uniform, so Alexandria easily spotted them out of the rest. She showed support by waving her hand. Four of them smiled at her in response.

"Look, they are from Euphonia Augusta Allied School, ruled by King Russ Rhyve Amreu, the only school permitted to sing the hymn of Gladiolus." Lisbeth whispered to Rassii as students wearing Dreamy Yellow uniform lined up neatly next to them. "They were Avids."

"Avids? You mean wing people? But I don't see any wings behind their backs."

"Well, they don't just let anyone see their wings."

"But what about those students?"

Lisbeth swept her glance across everyone. "You mean the students wearing a fabulous purple mage?"

"Yes."

"They are from Aeclelon Cirque Allied School, ruled by King Errich Myrideth Tryffin. They are mages."