Chapter 5 - The Nobles of Midnight Walkers

Lord Luke Vin dé Griffin(Warlord of Midnight Walkers, Last Descendant of Croixnoire)

(Warlord of Midnight Walkers, Last Descendant of Croixnoire)

The silence boreding the room was shattered by several knocks on the door, pulling her out of her trance. With a curious heart, she swung the door open to find Alexandria standing there.

Alexandria brought her to the dining room. Two people were sitting at a long table laden with platters of roasted meats, seafood, desserts, and bowls of fruit. And a butler, who filled the goblet with wine.

She immediately recognized the person on the left side. He was Lord Luke Vin dé Griffin. However, the other person sitting at the far end stands far more than anyone else in the room. His handsomeness and elegance were out of this world, and the regality of his bearing confirms that he was above these two.

Alexandria bowed her head and put her right hand on her chest. "As you requested, I brought you, Miss Rassii Vé Drusvenaire, your Majesty."

Rassii suddenly felt uncomfortable staring at the young King and his Warlord. She witnessed the regality of Emperors, Lords, and Shoguns in the feudal period. But they are far different from them. She bowed her head.

"Welcome, Miss Rassii Vé Drusvenaire." The Dark King smiled. He somehow appeared lighthearted, but his darker personality can be strongly felt hidden in his smiles. "Well, this is so unexpected. You're lovelier than I thought."

Rassii's face was reddened from the unexpected compliment.

"Please let me introduce myself. I'm Hourii Ve re Ragon, Ruler of the Underworld."

"Excuse me? Ruler of the Underworld?" Rassii tried to hold herself, but she couldn't help it. She burst into laughter. She couldn't believe that a man like him with such a strong personality would utter such a childish word.

Alexandria, staring at Rassii, went cold and mad from her intolerable behavior in front of the king. "Do you think it was funny, Ms. Vé Drusvenaire?"

"No, I'm sorry." Rassii replied while wiping her tearful eyes.

"Haven't you learned a little manner of respect?"

Rassii stopped as she felt Alexandria's hand on her shoulder. She suddenly realized that she was being disrespectful and contemptuous toward the king. She felt afraid. Her body shuddered. She couldn't breathe. She held her chest and started gasping for air.

"Enough." King Hourii shot a blood-curdling gaze at Alexandria.

Alexandria removed her hand and took aback. She looked down, her hand quivering. Alexandria's hand seems to burn. Her skin is flaking and turning dark.

What was that? Rassii was surprised. She managed to breathe when Alexandria let go. She doesn't know if it's real or if it's just her imagination that she was choked out by her touch.