Chapter 9 - Mr. Greenleaf from Elfinwoods

Aiden Greenleaf(Beast Tamer of Elfinwoods)

Aiden Greenleaf
(Beast Tamer of Elfinwoods)

"Greetings, my Lord."

Rassii was taken aback as he turned around to find Mr. Greenleaf unexpectedly standing there. Just moments ago, Greenleaf had been down at the entrance, facing the mythical beast. And now, somehow, he appeared behind them, holding an ancient book in his hand. His entry into the building and ascension up the stairs had gone completely unnoticed by everyone.

The young Lord smiled at Mr. Greenleaf, a man in his thirties. But he aged more than that. About Eight Hundred years or more. "You're a little late."

"So this is not a rumor. After a Hundred years, you finally found a new sprout." Mr. Greenleaf said while he surveyed the new bearers.

"Well, we cannot stay here any longer. We should get going and leave the rest to you." Lord Luke said as he watched the time from his pocket watch.

Mr. Greenleaf nodded.

"See you later." Alexandria said as she said goodbye.

"Wait, are you not going with us?" Rassii asked, confused.

"No, I have work to do..." Alexandria said before she was gone with the young Lord.

Four of them followed Mr. Greenleaf and went inside the room.

"Does it look so lonely?" Mr. Greenleaf surveyed the dark and musty room. "Now this is what we need to do first."

Rassii's mouth dropped open as she watched Mr. Greenleaf flip the book open. Tiny creatures looking like flowers jumped out of the page.

 Tiny creatures looking like flowers jumped out of the page

"Wow, fairies!" Rassii exclaimed, filled with wonder.

Quint shook his head gently and corrected, "No, those are not fairies. They are Pollenbuds."

"We clean this foreboding room full of dirt and dust before we start." Mr. Greenleaf suggested.

Everyone watched as the tiny creatures swarmed the room like bees and cleaned every corner. Dust blew from the top of the table and chairs. They fixed the holes in every drape of curtains and lit all the light fixtures.