Chapter 18 - The World Of Rhyesliëa

The world of the primaeval landscape boasts immense cliffs and towering ancient trees and is home to wonderful mythical creatures-the world of Rhyesliëa

Today, Resliëan people bear witness to their world plunged into disarray of unspoken chaos and shrouded with an ominous dark mist. The world that was once teeming with life immediately turned into a barren land full of horrific creatures.

Supreme King Rim Xyxia swung his "Endbringer", a golden sword, and hacked the last bashmuth in half. A white line appeared, and light exploded inside its hideous body, obliterating its existence.

He mounted into his familiar, a great white twelve-tail canine beast, after it devoured a hundred quirks. The holy beast sprung from below and ran into the air.

In the northern region, Kings Hourii and Alric engage in battle against the Baramuth, while to the east, Kings Ross and Daven confront the hordes of Hilliupads at the border. In the south, Kings Errich, Wilhelm, and Vexus are actively eliminating hundreds of quirks.

"Have you found it?" King Daven queries the Supreme King from the eastern border, simultaneously releasing an arrow from his "Stagstorm", an Elvish Emerald Myriad Bow. The single arrow multiplies into a thousand, killing dozens of enormous Hilliupads.

"Not yet," responds King Rim Xyxia from the Epicenter, surveying the surroundings from above. However, the single singularity causing the rift was nowhere to be found. "It appears to be concealing itself away from the epicenter."

Moving to the southern border...

"Something seems amiss," King Vexus mutters while forcefully driving his Grandia Warhammer into the ground, causing an eruption of metal spikes that skewer the quirks. "They're exhibiting coordinated attacks."

"When did they have the ability to think?" questions King Wilhelm, thrusting his "Oarfish", a naval marinade trident, to dispatch a handful of quirks in a single fluid motion.

"Indeed, their actions usually stem from instinct to kill. Nevertheless..." King Vexus swings his Grandia once more, delivering a powerful blow. The impact obliterates a hundred quirks in a burst. "Their behavior suggests a certain level of awareness."

Another horde of quirks leaps out and lunges towards King Vexus. King Errich charges ahead, deploying his "Ringmaster", a set of carnival ring blades, in a boomerang-like maneuver that slices through the quirks midair.

"There's a far greater force at play," King Errich remarks. "Something that can reign over its kind."

King Wilhelm grips the Oarfish tightly, sharing a significant glance with King Vexus. "Could it possibly be..."

Moving at the Eastern Border, violent thunder and lightning crack across the sky, scorching the Hilliupads as King Russ whirls his weapon, the Thunderbolt Swallow.

"The Lost!" The Seven Kings said in unison.

The Lost is a rare kind of singularity that transcends from mindless killing beasts to a creature mindful of its existence that deliberately learns how to think. It is not physically strong; however, it has the ability to lead and control other low-ranking singularities. It is also good at hiding itself among the quirks.