Chapter 15 - Reincarnation of a Gullon

Narcael couldn't fathom how a woman of her stature could possess such a beastly appetite

Narcael couldn't fathom how a woman of her stature could possess such a beastly appetite. Disgust flickered in his eyes as he watched her shovel food into her mouth.

Gritting his teeth, he questioned why fate had brought him to this peculiar situation. How could a member of royalty eat so uncouthly? The way she chewed loudly and slurped her food, with greasy sauces smeared across her face, was almost unbearable to witness.

He gave a long, frustrated sigh. Instead of embarking on the mission to Rhyesliëa, he found himself seated at the table and became an observer of this woman's voracious feast. If it were not for the Royal Keeper's direct request, asking him to be her Chisel, he would have never subjected himself to this unpleasant sight.

"Can you please eat more elegantly?" Narcael demanded, trying to maintain his composure despite the revulsion bubbling within him.

Rassii merely shrugged her shoulders, nonchalant about the mess she had made. "I'm hungry," she replied, taking another large bite with her mouth still half-full.

"How could you even fit that in your mouth?" He said, flabbergasted upon witnessing her shovelling the entire steak into her mouth like a voracious reptile devouring its prey. He had never imagined that her ravenous appetite could be this repulsive.

"Hmhum..." She just replied with a mere hum as her mouth was full, paying no heed to his incredulous remark.

"Incredible! It's amazing how you could eat all of this. No one can but only you!"

Rassii savored each bite of her sumptuous meal, unaffected by his comment. She relished the ten plates of succulent Hamhumba Cow steaks, indulged in three servings of goldberg con regatta, and enjoyed five bowls of refreshing Argolai salads. Yet, her insatiable hunger persisted, as she went digging for her dessert.

"If I had not known you were a Bearer, I would be mistaken for thinking you were a reincarnation of a Gullon, just as these people were saying."

"Reincarnation of a Gullon?"

"It is insatiable gluttonous beast of Unreckone and has unbelievable insatiable appetite...just like you."

A beast?

Rassii was stunned when she heard what he said and realized that people around her were also looking at her with disgust while gossiping. Their expressions were not really bothering her, but hearing the word beast remind her of something on her past. She turned and met his gaze.

Narcael Egeo Zenlith(Zodiac, a Chisel of Grimoire Keep)

(Zodiac, a Chisel of Grimoire Keep)

Narcael Egeo Zenlith, a Zodiac, 9 rings bearer, was the person she met at the first chamber with golden hair tied into a ponytail and eyes that sparkled like a silver dime.

He was a senior at Celestial Monarch Allied School who mastered "Scribbling" and finally earned the title of "Chisel".

She coughed and regained her composure. She wiped the grease from her mouth. "I was born like this. I am a bigger eater. I am a foodie."

She made every effort not to eat so much, trying not to raise suspicion, but her stomach always complained. It grumbled loudly, like thunder in a raging storm. Besides, after years of slavery, having the chance to indulge in such delicious food was a rare luxury, considering she used to survive on only a single piece of stale meat. And sometimes, she can only drink some rainwater to quench her hunger.

However, it wasn't the main reason why she ate a much larger portion of food than any other person could. It began when she got awaken and received her ring; her appetite had been getting worse day by day. She felt compelled to eat more, or she'd be wracked with pain.

"A foodie?" He asked, puzzled. Such an odd word she speaks.

"I mean, I never feel full. I'm always hungry, no matter how much I eat, nothing seems to satisfy me."

"Hmm... I get it now," Narcael responded, as he realized something. Sometimes, important information hides in seemingly trivial details. Her excessive appetite might be connected to her ring.

"Alright, let's head back to the chamber. This will be the last day for scribbling."

She nodded and grabbed a spoon. "Give me a minute, and I'll be done."

Narcael's mouth twitched. She's really going to finish all this food on the table?

Once Rassii finished her lunch, Narcael felt relieved. However, instead of using the teleportation door to get to Grimoire Keep, they opted for a hike due to Rassii's past unpleasant experiences with it. Narcael agreed to avoid her complaints.

As they journeyed on foot, Rassii admired the Citadel of Knowledge, a massive library of the academy as big as the largest city on earth, sheltered in one edifice. It has to be this big as it contains all the preserved, latest, and even unspoken and unwritten knowledge across the eight realms.

The people who governed the Citadel were called Scribbles, the master of the Chisel. Scribbles had their ranks, and the highest rank would be Premier Scribbler, who would earn the title of Royal Keeper.

Meanwhile, Narcael is just observing Rassii and admitting that she is really a charmer. Her unparalleled beauty is unmatched and very irresistible for someone with low resistance to Seduction.

As a high-ranking Bearer, Narcael somehow reconsidered that her charm was way stronger than any enchantress he met, as she could affect him without even trying.

He pondered whether he might truly fall for her if it weren't for her beastly appetite, but the thought of her eating made him cringe in disgust.

As they turned the corner, they overheard a heated dispute between Bearers from Wroxim Phoenix and Corralean Blue.

"It seems like they're new bearers, just like you,"

"Are you not going to do anything?"

"No," Narcael replied firmly, "That's not my responsibility."

The commotion attracted the scholars, who quickly stepped in and resolved the argument. The two Bearers apologized and went their separate ways.

Upon noticing Narcael, the scholars respectfully bowed. They were Markers, highly trained in the art of scribbling to earn the title of Chisel. Narcael acknowledged them with a nod.

After walking for nearly an hour, they finally arrive at the Grimoire Keep. Narcael, who has been understanding and patient, attentively observes Rassii throughout the journey. Despite her cheerful demeanor, he notices her keen awareness of her surroundings, leading him to realize that she's not as naive as she pretended to be.

As they entered the teleportation door, Rassii braced herself, taking a deep breath. Despite having done it multiple times before, the sensation still made her stomach churn, almost causing her to vomit. Her unsteady steps were caught by Narcael, who held her before she fell.

With watery eyes, she thanked him, and he offered a green potion. "Here, drink this," he said.

Rassii consumed the potion, feeling her headache and pain fade away. She thanked him again.

Narcael pushed her aside, saying, "Now, let's go."

Baffled by his response, Rassii frowned and called out, "Hey, wait for me!"

Narcael quickened his pace, trying to hide his flushed cheeks as his heart pounded.

"Narcael!"

"You're too noisy and slow," he retorted, not bothering to glance back.