Chapter 13; Gone was any trace of you

Three weeks later, Caroline found herself in the studio with Mick and Keith. They were working on her first single.

"What exactly do you think it should be about?" Mick asked

"I want something that expresses what people think I am. I want to show that it doesn't bother me though." Caroline tapped her pencil againt the notebook "I want to shake off all the hate."

Keith smirked at her words "Shake it off?" he asked

"Yeah, shake off the fact that people say I'm not smart. Or that I go on too many dates however they won't stay." she explained

Keithe grabbed his guitar and played a few cords "How about this. I stay out to late got nothing in my brain." he nodded at her to continue

Mick did the next line "That's what people say. That's what people say."

"I go on to many dates. But I can't make them stay. At least that's what people say. That's what people say." she sang nodding her head

By the end of the day she had her first single. They listened to it and added what instruments they needed.

"This sounds really good Caroline." Mick nodded his head to the beat "Catchy, I don't think people will be able to get away from this song."

"I like it, it could be a motto." Keith smiled

She bounced up and down happily "I've got a good idea for a new song."

Both men looked at each other and knew their decision to sign her was a great one. Within a few months this album would be finished.

"What are you thinking?" Mick asked

It had been an hour and Keith left tired from being in the studio so long.

"Well James went on national t.v. mind you and said some awful things. So now we have bad blood." she answered

While Caroline wrote about the bad blood between her and James. He was having a blast at a club with some girl named Heather. His anger went away for a moment with Heather.

At one in the morning, Mick and Caroline left the studio happy with the work they accomplished. Two songs down for her album and a few more to go.

Sebastian invited Caroline out for drinks and she agreed. Heading to the bar she smiled.

"Hey you came." Sebastian said happily when she sat next to him

"Sorry I'm a little late." she apologized "We got two songs done."

"That's pretty impressive." he nodded "Any songs about me?"

She laughed and shrugged "Don't know, you'll have to find out when my album gets released."

Though he was joking, Caroline was thinking about writing him a nice song. He was very sweet and didn't seem to mind the things she'd been through.

The pair chatted and left two hours later. Both with smiles on their faces.

Sebastian walked Caroline to her car and hugged her "Thanks for hanging out with me."

"It was fun. I rarely get to hang out with anyone." she said

He raised a brow "Why?"

"The people I'm friends with are away filming. But you my friend aren't." she hugged him one last time "Bye Seb call me later."

He stood there smiling like an idiot after she left. To think after the girls he had been with, a girl like Caroline would come in.

Caroline arrived at her New York apartment and crawled into bed when she got inside. It had been a long day and she wasn't ready for the sunlight just yet. Just as she was drifting of to dreamland, her doorbell rang.