Chapter 14; It's not over

James stood outside the rehab facility. It looked like a welcoming place, he couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he was here.

"Mr Franco?" a man asked smiling, it was obvious he was a doctor.

"Yes sir." he held out his hand

The man shook it "Doctor Richards. Let's get you settled in."

The building smelled like flowers and vanilla. James smiled, it smelt like his house when Caroline lived with him.

"How long will I be here?" James asked

"However long you decide. If you want to get better or not." doctor Richards opened the room he'd be staying in "I need all electronics."

Willingly James handed him his black iPhone "I can call my family right?"

"Of course you can. I'll let you get settled then we'll talk." he nodded at James

Back in New York, Caroline sat on the couch for another late night talk show.

"Recently and by recently I mean just today. You've been seen with James at the airport." Seth Meyers said

Caroline nodded "Yeah, he's going away for awhile. James needed to unwind from filming and the losses we went through."

"And even though he trashed you, you were there for him?" he pressed

"Of course, even if we do have a little bad blood if he really needed me like today I will be there." she explained smiling

"I want to move on to your album. What can we expect?" Seth changed the subject and she was ever so thankful

Caroline smiled gratefully "Well an open book to my life. Some of the things people didn't see they'll hear about it."

"What about a single. How fast will that come out?" he wondered

Mick from the side sent her a nod saying it was okay to talk about it "Hopefully soon if Uncle Mick let's it happen." she laughed "We've worked on one I think everyone can hear and go oh that's my anthem."

"I'm excited to hear it." he grinned "Caroline Taylor everyone. Stay turned to her social media for updates."

Caroline waved and smiled at the cameras until they yelled "cut"

"Thanks for having me Seth." she hugged him

"Anytime kiddo. I'm sorry about what you're going through. But it'll make a hell of an album." he smiled

After James unpacked his sighed and walked outside his room. Doctor Richards was waiting patiently and smiled at him.

"Let's go to my office shall we?" he asked

James nodded following him as they walked to his office. The room smelt of leather. There was a big oak desk with a leather chair with a computer on the desk and a telephone. There also were two big couches and a chair, along with a coffee table.

"Can I get to anything?" the doctor asked

"Oh, no thank you."  James said

The doctor sat down in his chair and motioned for James to sit as well "I want to get to know you James. Not what the public see. But the private James, the one your girlfriend seen."

"I'm not sure what you mean by that." he said

"Tell me about your life with Caroline. Your feelings when you were with her." he explained

James shifted in his seat "I don't know. Honestly I haven't felt the way I did with anyone ever."

"Explain please."he nodded

"Just her presence was amazing. She could make you smile and laugh even when you didn't want to." he smiled "Caroline was like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day."

Doctor Richard's smiled "Sounds like she was a wonderful girl."

"She's wonderful. And somehow I managed to screw things up." James admitted "We were engaged, she was pregnant. We had a good thing going for us."

"What happened with both?"

"She lost the baby. And before that, she knew somehow I was seeing someone else." James closed his eyes "We got into a fight after the loss of the baby and she broke up with me."

"Because of the other girl?" Doctor Richards asked earning a nod "I see, did you think of her feelings?"

"Honestly no. I never thought how she felt when I lied and told her I was going to a movie premier." James sucked in a deep breath and let it out

"What started the drinking?" he wondered

"It was my way to not feel the pain of everything. I'd be numb." the brown eyed man shrugged

"How do you feel about Caroline now?"

James chuckled "I love her so much. I still care about her." he paused "But now, she's with either one of two guys. And they're better for her."

"You think you weren't good for her?" the doctor asked

"Not really, I couldn't give her what she needed or wanted. I trashed her on tv." he sighed "She has nothing but kind things to say about me."

"She still loves you." the older man smiled "If you change your ways I'm sure she'll come back. Believe me James it's not over between you two."