Chapter 18; I know you

A month had passed since Caroline visited James. She felt a little sad that he hadn't called her or anything. She felt completely hopeless and so tired all the time. Things went downhill so fast for Caroline. One bad thing after the next. It was like the universe was against her.

Caroline had no one really to rely on anymore. Aside from Nina and Emma when they weren't busy. She'd have Chris if only she hadn't let him walk out that day. But the way she heard he's moved on already and she wasn't upset by it.

So here she was sitting on her couch watching Keeping up with the Kardashians her latest show addiction. At the bottom celebrity news rolled across. It talked about Miley Cyrus, Fifty Shades of Grey then finally something that caught her attention. "James Franco out of rehab back in New York" she wondered what he was doing.

James looked at his house, it was still trashed from his well for lack of better words tantrum. He started to clean his home and place everything back where it went. As James walked back his once shared room with Caroline he stopped at the room next to it.

It was half painted yellow. Not a bright yellow but a nice one. Scattered around was little odds and ends for what would've been for Liam. James brushed his fingers over the rocking chair. He remembered Caroline wanting one for their baby so he got her one. Now, he didn't want to throw all the baby stuff but he didn't want to look at it either. So instead he locked the door and wouldn't go in there.

James wanted to contact Caroline but remembered he told her goodbye. Goodbye as in we'll never talk again. He knew it was a wrong decision so to make it right he wanted to talk with her.

Caroline stood outside James's door her hand hovered before connecting to the door. It opened to a surprised looking James.

"C-Caroline what are you doing here?" James asked

"I want to talk." Caroline said her blue eyes seemed cold

He nodded and let her in "I was going to call. I wanted to talk as well." he said in a business like manor

"Did you really mean goodbye when you said it?" she asked turning around and leaning against his counter

It was quiet he didn't say anything for a minute "I don't honestly know."

Caroline closed her eyes and sighed "Look James, I've been so patient with you. I've been hanging around thinking we'll get back together. Slowly I'm losing my faith in that though."

"Caroline." James said reaching out to touch her arm but she moved "Don't let the past dictate what will happen."
"Then tell me what you want." she said her arms crossed and eyes pleading

His brown eyes looked down at his feet "I don't know what I want. Don't complicate this for me Care."

"Complicate this for you? You can't be serious." Caroline shook her head "I know what I want. You should know what you want too." she threw her hands up in the air

"Well I don't Caroline okay?" he said getting angry "And you know you aren't the only who has been patient and losing their faith."

"Please enlighten me on that James." she laughed

James ran a hand through his hair "I've been so patient trying to love you! Do you know how impossible it is to love someone who practically refuses your love?"

Caroline bit on her lip to keep the tears inside "I never refused your love." she shot back "You were the one who wouldn't let anyone in."

The anger between them only fuelled the fire more as each one said whatever they pleased "You're so fucking ridiculous Caroline! I'm sick of the way you threw my love back at me. I tried so damn hard to love you." he swallowed "You just don't know how to deal with the fact a man is capable of loving you properly."

Caroline laughed bitterly "Loving me properly? You cheated on me James while I was pregnant with our son."

"Hell yeah I did, only because she actually accepted what I gave to her." he admitted "At least I own up to what I've done."

"What's the supposed to mean?" Caroline was furious

"You can't own up to anything. Admit the fact you can't love Caroline." his voice raised "Admit that you won't accept love."

Angry tears welled up in her blue eyes "Stop James." she said

"No you need to hear this." James said "You could love me Caroline. I believe you can, you're just lost on the road to misery."

Tears began to fall down Carolines pale cheeks "Do you think by me admitting I'm mierable I'll love you?"

"No." he answered simple "I wanna hear you admit to yourself you're just a miserable person." he stepped closer to her

"I'm not miserable. You however are." she said wiping away her tears and heading towards the door

James grabbed her elbow and spun her around "We're not done yet."

"Yes I think we are." Caroline said her voice cracking

He shook his head "No we're not. You wanted to talk so here we are Caroline."

"You know what? I am miserable." she admitted "But at least I'm not drowning in my misery and secrets."

"Secrets?" he asked

"You have so many secrets James it's not even funny." she said "At least I know who I am at the end of the day. Your friends and family don't even know you." her words dripped into his skin like venom

"Be quiet Caroline." he warned

"Why? Because you're just a show for everyone?" she taunted "I'm not the one who has so many secrets to hide. The secrets you hide control you."

"You don't know what you're talking about." he shook with anger

Her blue eyes held no fear "Really? Who was the one who'd get drunk and sleep with as many women as possibly because they wanted to feel something?"

James grabbed Carolines wrists and pinned them to the wall "I told you to be quiet." he quietly said before capturing her lips with his

Caroline closed her blue eyes and kissed the lips she'd be longing for. She hadn't cared that they were partially at each others throats only a moment ago. James didn't care either he only cared about the women in front of him.

"I've missed you." he whispered against her lips

"I've missed you too." her pink lips stretched into a smile as their destination ended in the bedroom.

Hey guys so I'm sure I haven't written anything this long before hopefully it was worth the read. Hopefully as well you listened to the song. It's called 'I know you' by the amazing Skylar Gray. It's from the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack which has good tracks on it. Anyways that song is where I got most of my inspiration from. So comment and vote. Xxx