chapter 20: My New Chapter In Life

To the public James and Caroline were just their usual selves. Smiling, happy and promoting books, movies or albums. They were so busy they didn't have time to miss the other. Or so they thought. James always found time to miss Caroline. To often he found himself on her social media accounts. Much of the time she posted pictures with Chris Evans or other friends.

For the first time in four months both James and Caroline were at the same award show. And something was very different about Caroline.

James spotted it almost immediately. She had a ring on her finger. And a happy smile plastered on her face. James wondered who her fiancé was but then figured it out as soon as Chris put his arm around her waist.

"Caroline! You look radiant darling!" Kendall Jenner yelled hugging her friend

"Thank you. Is that a polite way of saying I look ugly?" the blonde joked.

"No! You know you look stunning." Kendall smiled ignoring the camera flashes

James walked by listening to the conversation. He heard how happy and excited she was for the wedding how they had everything they needed almost.
Carolines blue eyes locked onto his brown one's for a brief moment. She sent him a small smile. He smiled back and continued to walk inside. She wasn't exactly sure what that meant. Whether it meant he was okay now or he was heartbroken. That look didn't give her much information.

Throughout the night Caroline managed to win 11 awards. In every category she was up in. Beating out stars like Beyonce, Meghan Trainor, even One Direction.

Her last award was for All Too Well. She stood up on the stage in her white jumpsuit smiling.

"This is amazing. Thank you guys for the support." she paused "All Too Well is a song that's so special to me. Because it's a chapter in my life, from my story" "The person I wrote this about um used to be a main character in my life.Now he's just a chapter. A chapter I had to write about because I remembered all of this all to well."

Later that night James looked up the song and knew instantly it was about him. He was the main character in her life. Who was now just a chapter in her story. A chapter in her story, like she was in his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caroline situated herself in her seat. 86 years old and an icon to the world. But to her grandchildren she was just their gran. They hadn't exactly known everything their grandmother went through. Which was fine by her.

Natalia sighed "That's it? That's just the end? He realized you were a chapter in his story?"

"I'm afraid so." She smiled "Though James and I always caught glimpses of one another."

The ginger haired girl teared up "But, no that's not how I wanted this to end."

"Me either. Natalia when you're young and in love you'll do crazy things." She explained

"Well who did James marry?" She asked

Caroline smiled "A young ambitious girl." She eyed the photo on the fire place then touched her granddaughters cheek.

Caroline and James wed a summer after all the media died down from their split. Following that they had "the wedding of the century". A few kids later all loved by them and friends. Then old age hit along with pain. I'm sure you get where it goes from there. Caroline and James' love will forever live on. As said from the New York Times at least.

Hey guys I thank you for staying on board for so long. Much love! Sadly this is the end of my story. But thanks for all the support and love 😘😘