6. Cafe

Y/n's Pov

Right after my job in the office, I have to head straight to the cafe. In my opinion, the best part about working at the cafe is that I can work with my friends.

Their names are Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu. The three of them alone like to be called the school meal club. I don't get why... I think it's a bit odd.

-

As I rushed into the cafe, I was a bit out of breath.

"What happened to you? Did you run a marathon?" Dahyun was puzzled and asked.

"Ugh, no." I quickly put on my apron.

"I just had to rush, or else I would've been late as hell and I'm not trying to get fired."

"I wish you would've gotten fired. We all changed our work schedule to match yours." Tzuyu savagely said as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm telling you. You guys didn't have to do that." I crossed my arms.

"Yeah yeah, but we are friends, so it's worth it, plus it's fun to work with you chaotic bitches." Chaeyoung said as we all laughed.

"Hey! Get to work!" The manager said as I went behind the cash register.

"Ya! Tell us why you had to change your work schedule suddenly." Chaeyoung whispered as the others seemed eager to know.

"Well, I had to pick up a second job," I replied to them as they seemed shocked.

"Why?!" They all said.

Then, a customer came as we quickly dispersed, and I took their order.

"Have a great day!" I said to them while smiling after handing them their coffee.

"Okay, quick tell us before another customer comes!" Dahyun said.

"Fine, fine!"

"It's because my mom is in a situation where she is unable to work, so I am now the one financially responsible for making money." I finally said as their jaws dropped.

"Y/n! Why didn't you tell us?" Tzuyu finally seemed to drop the savageness.

"I didn't want to burden anyone." I looked to the side.

"We could still help you, Y/n." Dahyun offered as I shook my head.

"I appreciate that you all are willing to help me." I faintly smiled.

"But, I don't want to depend on others."

"Y/n, working two jobs by yourself is completely insane! It's going to hurt you!" Chaeyoung pointed out.

"I am a strong person! Don't worry about it!" I smiled to reassure them as they sighed.

"I know how stubborn you can be with others trying to help you. But, if you ever find yourself in a situation where everything is too much for you."

"Don't be afraid and let us help you, okay?" Dahyun kindly said as I nodded.

"Of course, you guys are the best," I said to them as they seemed pretty frustrated at me.

They know that I have never been the type to ask for help ever since high school.

It's always other people usually depending on me, and I wanted to keep it that way.

I quickly turned my head around and continued working. Just a few more hours until I can go home and spend some time with my mom and sister.