10. Cup of coffee

Monday~

Y/n's Pov

Yesterday was insane, it was the first time I have ever experienced a hangover, and I regretted it. Maybe I shouldn't have gone out drinking with my co-workers, and I don't even remember what happened after drinking the second bottle.

I tried asking my sister what had happened, but she said she just found me outside on the porch. But, I fail to believe that.

I still wonder who took me home. I was sure that everyone drank. Ugh, who cares. I can't remember anything, so it doesn't matter.

I walked into the entertainment building and headed straight to the department.

"Good morning!" I waved to Jihyo.

"Hey! How was your hangover yesterday?" She asked me as I felt embarrassed to share.

"It was the worst! I couldn't get out of bed at all." I giggled.

"Same! I still don't even remember how I got home." Jihyo was lost in thought.

"Anyways, sorry about Ms. Myoui being there." She whispered.

"It was out of our control after all. Plus, it's okay, I still had fun." I smiled and reassured her.

"It was so much fun! Maybe we should hang out sometime. Just the two of us." Jihyo asked as she smirked a bit.

Is she asking me out on a date? Nah, maybe it's just a friend thing. I shouldn't overthink it.

"Sure! I'd like that!" I gave her a thumbs-up as she did the same for me.

"So, is there anything you need me to do?" I curiously asked her.

"Well, I-"

Suddenly, Jihyo was cut off by Ms. Myoui.

"Y/n, I need you to help me," Ms. Myoui said as I nodded.

"Sure, what is it?" I asked.

"Come into my office." She sternly said as I followed behind her after waving to Jihyo.

She allowed me into her office as I waited patiently.

"Y/n..." She said as she sat down on her seat.

"Can you make me 2 cups of coffee?" She asked.

Really? She pulled me to the office just so that she could ask me to make coffee? Well, isn't that a waste of time?

"Sure thing." I went out of the office and made her coffee.

After making the two cups of coffee, I walked back into her office and placed the tray on her desk.

"Here you go, Ms. Myoui." I smiled and turned around to leave.

"Wait!" She suddenly said. I turned around to face her.

"U-Uhm..." Ms. Myoui was glancing around the room, she seemed taken aback by her actions.

"Sit here. You can have the extra coffee." She took one cup of coffee and pushed the tray towards me.

"Thanks, but I think Jihyo might need my help with some errands," I told her as she seemed panicked.

"The extra coffee will get cold and wasted if you don't drink it." Ms. Myoui suggested as I walked closer to her.

"Okay, I guess I'll stay to drink the coffee." I held onto one of the coffee and sat down as I drank.

Mina was silent, watching me as I drank my coffee. Why does she stare at me so much?

"So..." We both said at the same time.

"Oh, you can go," She told me as I nodded.

"How do you like the coffee?" I asked her.

"It's nice and pleasant. I like how creamy it is." She looked into the cup while holding it.

"So, what were you going to say?" When I asked, she raised her head.

I felt awkward in this kind of situation, and I wanted to leave...

"Uh, I was wondering if you... wanted to eat dinner with me tonight..." She glanced away from me. I was taken aback as my eyes widened.

"W-Well as a... personal welcoming from your boss..." She seemed so awkward.

"I would love to, but I am busy with dinner today," I replied as I saw she seemed a bit upset.

"How about any other day from Tuesday through Friday?" She asked.

"I will also be busy for dinner." I awkwardly said. I hope she doesn't think I am avoiding her.

"Saturday?"

"Sorry... I promised my sister and mom that we would have a girls' night out..." I felt a bit embarrassed to tell her.

"I see... You must be a very busy person Y/n..." She sighed.

She isn't wrong. It is always hard for me to hang out with friends and family because my schedule is so busy all the time...

"Yeah, I am very sorry about that..." I sighed.

"Once you finish your coffee, you are free to go out," Mina said as she went on her computer.

"Thank you for letting me drink coffee," I said before placing the coffee on the tray. I was about to pick up the tray, but Ms. Myoui stopped me.

"Don't worry. I'll take care of it." I nodded at her response and walked out of the room.

Odd.... she is so difficult to read.

Oh well, I went over to Jihyo as she told me some errands to do. Then I did them all.

Shortly after work, I went to the cafe. I was feeling quite exhausted from working two jobs. But, it had to be done.