17. Bento Boxes

A week later~

For the past few days, Mina has been distant from me. I haven't figured out why but it's been super distracting.

I haven't seen her bring up the mini topics she would talk to me about or the jokes she would make that make me laugh.

She hasn't even smiled at me once. What has been going on with her? I want to talk to her again comfortably.

Every time I walk by her, she avoids talking to me or even making eye contact with me.

But, maybe this is how a secretary and boss should act...

Should I ask my mom for advice?

I walked out of my room as I spotted my mom on the couch watching TV.

"Mommmmm," I walked over to her as I sat next to her on the couch and laid my head on her shoulder.

"Yes, Y/n?" She ruffled my hair.

"I need your advice for something." I sighed as my mom turned her head towards me.

"What is it, honey?" She curiously asked.

"I have this person I work with. They were super comfortable with me and often smiled at me. But then, one day, they stopped being comfortable around me and stopped talking to me."

"What do I do to fix it?" I asked my mom as I frowned.

"Well, honey, you can't forcefully make someone want to be comfortable with you. They might have their reasons as to why they are acting that way."

"If you really want to take time to fix it slowly, I suggest doing subtle things. Things that can respect one's decision but also make them feel comfortable to you again."

"What could I do then?" My eyebrows furrowed. I never thought of that before...

"Well, you could always try to cook for that person. Make them a homemade bento lunch." My mom suggested as my eyes lit up.

"That's a good idea!" I excitedly said.

"Thanks, mom!" I hugged her as she hugged me back.

I quickly stood up and went to the kitchen to look at all my ingredients. Then I started cooking the food. I should hurry since I have to leave in about an hour or two.

I ended up making a cute tiny bento box, and I liked how it turned out

I ended up making a cute tiny bento box, and I liked how it turned out. I ended up wrapping the bento box and carrying it with me as I left to go to work.

When I arrived at work, I went inside Mina's office.

"Mina?" I called out, but no one was in the office.

"Are you looking for Ms. Myoui?" A voice spoke.

I became startled as I turned my head and saw Nayeon.

"Yeah, I am. Do you happen to know where she is?"

I hope she didn't notice that I called Mina by her first name.

"She's out right now with her friends." I nodded.

"I thought you would've known that." She seemed puzzled.

"I thought so too." I faintly smiled.

I walked over to my desk and decided to work instead. Hopefully, she will arrive by lunchtime, and I really would like to eat this bento with her.

-

As lunchtime came by, Mina walked into her office as I excitedly stood up and grabbed onto the bento box.

I walked into her office after her. She sat down at her seat and glanced at me.

"Mina!" I called at her as she kept a straight face on.

"Yes, Y/n?" She said as I felt upset by how she wasn't smiling.

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to eat lunch with me," I asked her.

"I am swamped Y/n today," Mina said as I frowned.

"I prepared lunch for you, though..." I sighed, my head lowered as I frowned.

"I'm sorry. I can't eat with you." She kept a monotone voice, glancing at her computer screen.

"It's alright..." I placed her bento on her desk as I walked away, frowning.

"Wait, Y/n..." Mina called at me. I turned to face her.

"Y-You could still eat in here if you want. I have a lot of things to finish." Mina's face was blushing a bit as I smiled.

"Sure!" I sat on the chair next to her as I pulled out my bento. She finally talked to me!

I placed her bento box next to her as she was debating whether to eat it or not.

Eventually, she gave in, and I saw her as she opened hers. She seemed excited. She then pulled out her phone and started taking pictures of it.

"Why did you take a picture of it?" I felt embarrassed, and my cooking was not the best.

"Because it's so cute!" She started smiling, and it was the gummy smile that I missed from her. Thank you, mom, for having such fantastic advice!

"I think you look cuter." I blurted out as I noticed my actions. I covered my mouth and quickly looked away.

"S-Sorry, I think I am still asleep. I didn't mean to say that..." I blushed as I kept my gaze away from hers.

What was I thinking? There is no way that I just flirted with my boss... What the hell? Why am I feeling like this? D-Do I like her? WHAT? I-I have never liked someone before... I need to talk to the school meal club about this...

"No, it's okay... I think you are cute too." I glanced at her in shock. She smirked at me as I felt my heart race.

Mina, do you know how much you are killing me?

"M-Mina..." I called out her name as she was keeping her gaze on mine.

Suddenly, she leaned in closer. Our lips were about to touch... until someone opened the door.

"Ms. Myoui," Jeongyeon opened the door as she rushed in. We quickly jerked back.

"Sorry to interrupt your lunch, but there is something wrong with the data." Jeongyeon pointed out as she took out her iPad.

I glanced at Mina and could feel my face burning up. I quickly turned my head and smiled at Jeongyeon as I was trying to act like I wasn't about to kiss my BOSS!

Maybe I am feeling sick today... What do I do?..