29. Replacement

Y/n's Pov

Maybe Mina will talk to me today... I need her to. I wanted to find out why she kissed me. I needed to find out because I don't want to confess to her just yet.

She quickly walked by me as she didn't dare glance at me.

"Mina!" I called out her name as I followed her into her office.

"Oh, hello, Ms. Kim." She said as I became startled by her sudden formal words.

"Mina? What's wrong?" I worriedly asked her.

"Nothing is wrong." She bluntly said.

"B-But-" She cut me off before I could speak more.

"You aren't my secretary from now on," Mina said as my jaw dropped.

I-I'm fired?! For what?! For her kissing me?!

"W-What do you mean?!" I felt frustrated.

"I hired a new secretary." She isn't smiling at me, and she isn't even joyful. She's treating me how she treated every other worker...

"W-What about me?" I worriedly asked.

"You are going to go back to being an errands person," Mina said as she clenched her jaw.

"But, what about the payment?" I know it makes me look bad, but I need it for my family.

"I'll still pay you the same amount," Mina replied.

I wanted to continue talking to her, but someone knocked on the door.

"Come on in," Mina said as a lady opened the door.

"Good morning, Ms. Myoui." The lady greeted her as she nodded.

"Ms. Kim. Meet Somi, my new secretary." Mina introduced her as I bowed.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled bitterly.

"Now, if you will excuse us, Ms. Kim. We both need to work, so if you would please leave." Mina said as I nodded and walked out.

What the heck just happened? Did I get moved down? What is wrong with her?!

I glanced at my desk as I no longer belonged as a secretary. I packed up my things and placed them somewhere else on a different desk. Jihyo glanced at me, but I turned my gaze away.

Everything is going so shitty right now! First of all, I got moved down to being an errands person. Then Jihyo probably is too embarrassed to talk to me. What do I do?... I felt like crying...

I decided to text the school meal club.

School meal club + a loser

Y/n
Guys, I am in a crisis right now...

Dahyun
What happened?

Tzuyu
You are so dramatic

Chaeyoung
Seriously Tzuyu, I'm going to break your phone

Tzuyu
Then you'd have to pay for it

Chaeyoung
Says who?

Dahyun
Shut up! Let Y/n text!

Y/n
My boss moved me down to being an errands person again

Dahyun
What why?

Tzuyu
What did you even do? Kiss her?

Y/n
No... she kissed me.

Chaeyoung
WHAT? SHE DID WHAT?

Dahyun
What? She kissed you and dared to move you down?!

Tzuyu
That's just wrong!

Dahyun
Explain in detail how everything happened!

Y/n
On Friday, I was with a coworker of mine, and my boss arrived in an angry mood.

She then scolded my coworker as she asked me to go to her office with her

Out of nowhere, she kissed me. I was surprised. But when I tried to talk to her, she ran off.

Then, I came back to work a few days later, and she had already hired a new secretary and refuses to talk to me normally.

Tzuyu
Shit Y/n, this is why you don't fall in love with your boss!

Y/n
I'm sorry! I can't control my feelings... 😭

Dahyun
Well, honestly, Y/n, there isn't anything you can do.

Just give her some time to stop feeling awkward about the kiss.

Y/n
I just want to know why she even kissed me in the first place...

Chaeyoung
Do you think she was jealous of your coworker? Do you think she likes you?

Y/n
I don't know... everything is a mess right now...

Dahyun
Take a breather. For now, relax and get your boss off your mind.

As for right now, there isn't much you can do. I'm sorry Y/n...

Y/n
It's alright. Thank you guys for your support. I love you, crackheads. <3

Chaeyoung
We love you too <3

Tzuyu
If you need anything, don't come to me first. But I mean, I guess I love you too.

Y/n
Thanks, Tzuyu 🙄

Y/n left the chat.
-

I placed my phone down as I loudly sighed. Why is life treating me like this...

I decided to shake my head as I needed time to myself.

I should just keep busy and not think about Mina that much. It'll be best for me anyways.