21. Namsan Seoul Towers

A few days after~

Maybe I should finally take in Chaeyoung's advice today... But I just can't seem to figure out how to do it.

Ugh, what am I talking about?! Mina's parents said something about her loving someone else.

I need to talk to her. Who is it that she loves?

Who is that girl that can make her happy and smile? Why isn't it me?

Mina walked headed my direction with a turtle neck, with a black coat as her hair was as silky as ever. She had an aura around her that was charming.

"G-Good morning, Mina." I bowed as she walked by my desk.

"Good morning, Y/n." She smiled at me as she sipped on her coffee.

"I went to the cafe you used to work at. I accidentally bought an extra coffee, and I decided to give it to you instead." She handed me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you!" I smiled.

"Hey, Mina..." I called her name before she was about to walk inside her office.

"U-Uhm, remember a while ago, you said you wanted to invite me out for dinner?" I said as Mina seemed alarmed. Her face was turning red. Shoot, I worded it weirdly!

"I-I mean, you said you wanted to treat me out for a personal welcoming," I added on.

"Yes, I do. Why?"

"Well, I was thinking... Since maybe we weren't able to do that. How about we do it now? We are just a bit late." I giggled as she smiled.

"Sure, I'd love to." She cheerfully said.

"I'll see you later, okay?" She placed her hand on my shoulder before removing it and heading to her office.

I don't know what I am expecting to happen... I don't even know if anything will happen. I should try to calm down. I don't want to get ahead of myself. I will simply ask her a few questions.

-
"Y/n, are you ready to go?" Mina placed her hands on my shoulder once again. There goes my heart...

"Y-Yes. I am ready to go." I smiled at her as I stood up and walked beside her to her car.

Before I walked into the car, she opened the door for me.

"Thank you," I said to her before sitting down.

"So, what restaurant would you like to go to?" Mina asked.

"Uhm... I barely eat out, so... I'd say, surprise me!" I cheerfully said as she nodded.

"I have a great restaurant in mind." She started driving as I glanced at her.

She looks so beautiful when she is driving. Maybe it's her focused face. Or the way she smiles at the music, and it's majestic...

When we arrived, I spotted a large tower. Namsan Seoul tower?

"What are we doing here?" I curiously asked. I was amazed.

"We are going to eat, of course." She smiled before holding onto my hand. She walked towards the crowd. It was jam-packed today, and if I weren't holding her hand, I would've gotten lost.

She must have reserved seats as we were allowed in right away. We were taken to the top by an elevator as I was nervous but excited to see the view, especially at night.

As we reached the top, the waiter kindly sat us down. Our seats were right next to the window as I glanced out, amazed.

"Do you like the view?" Mina smiled as she leaned on her hand.

"I do. I love it so much!" I couldn't help but stare at the window.

"Make sure to order." She said as I nodded and opened the menu.

"M-Mina... These prices are high!" I whispered to her as I was panicking. I don't have this kind of money.

"It'll be on me."

"No! I can't do that to you!"

"It's a personal welcoming from me after all," Mina said as I felt terrible but complied.

I ordered the Korean Beef Tenderloin. She ordered the Lobster Thermidor.

The waitress nodded and left after taking our order. I decided it was the perfect time to ask Mina the question.

"Hey Mina, I have a question that I was curious about," Y/n asked her.

"What is it, Y/n?"

"What were your parents talking about when they said you already were in love with someone since Elementary school?"

"O-Oh, you see... it was just a thing that happened before..." She nervously spoke.

"Do you still like that person today?"

"I do. I love them very much." She started blushing.

I felt a sharp pain in my heart. It didn't feel nice, and I wouldn't say I liked it as my blood was boiling.

"I bet they are such a lovely person!" I fake smiled.

"They are the best person ever, someone dependable, someone clumsy but can make me smile."

I thought to myself, "Is it selfish that I want to be the person who can do that for her?"

Maybe I shouldn't flirt with her. She loves someone else, and there is no way she will ever fall in love with me, and I am just a lost cause.

"Hopefully, I can see you both together one day," I said as she turned her gaze away from mine.

"I hope she also loves me as much as I love her." She started blushing as she glanced at me and stared at me.

"I'm sure she does. You are an amazing person, Mina." I told her as she was getting more red.

"Well, how about you, Y/n? Do you love someone?" She asked as I became startled.

"I-I think I do." I smiled as I glanced down.

"It's funny. I never thought I could experience the feeling of love until I met this person." I lifted my head to look at her as her eyes looked dreamy...

Mina's smile slowly faded as she seemed a bit upset.

"I hope they make you happy as well, Y/n." Mina seriously said as I slightly frowned.

"They do, just being around them makes me happy..." It suddenly became awkward.

Then the food arrived at the perfect time. Thank goodness.

We ate and talked about random topics that weren't about love for the whole dinner.

I still don't know who she loves, but I should respect her decision. Plus, falling in love with my boss? It's weird.